Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a shotgun

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Need a shotgun

We are looking at hosting Rob Haught for a shotgun class in 2008 and I need a shotgun. My first choice is the M4 and have access to Remy Police shotguns.

I have also looked at Scattergun tech. shotguns and may go that route as well. Anyone own these shotguns?

Ammo. I have access to Hornady LE TAP and Winchester Ranger shotgun ammo. Anyone have experience with this ammo?

C4

Feedback Score
    If you're looking at the M4 may I suggest the FN autoloader?

I have the M4 and it's a nice gun, but you have to put up with 922r. There is no one making enough parts as of yet to make the M4 into what I want it to be.

I've actually been thinking of selling my M4 because of this headache. I even got a US made full length magazine tube, so I'm down the path. Even so, it seems like too much of a headache.
    They had no right to win. Yet they did, and in doing so they changed the course of a war...even against the greatest of odds, there is something in the human spirit - a magic blend of skill, faith and valor - that can lift men from certain defeat to incredible victory.

Don G. Guest

Talking

Content deleted.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've only shot a few boxes of Hornady TAP but the Winchester Ranger runs just fine. A Benelli M4 would be awesome as would a FN SLP/Winchester SX2. A Benelli M2 (rifle type stock w/ComforTech would be good too).
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dport View Post
    If you're looking at the M4 may I suggest the FN autoloader?

I have the M4 and it's a nice gun, but you have to put up with 922r. There is no one making enough parts as of yet to make the M4 into what I want it to be.

I've actually been thinking of selling my M4 because of this headache. I even got a US made full length magazine tube, so I'm down the path. Even so, it seems like too much of a headache.
    Interesting about the 922r issue. I did read on the Benelli forum that there is someone making all the missing parts in the US.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Interesting about the 922r issue. I did read on the Benelli forum that there is someone making all the missing parts in the US.

C4
    They've been talking about making parts for a year. Only a couple of people seem to have come through with full length mag tubes.

As it stands if the person making the fire control parts comes through, SOCOMguy made some full length magazine tubes, Surefire makes a nice forearm, and a follower is pretty easy to pick up, so that gets you to less than 10 components.

I figure I'm looking at another $500 in parts, some of the parts I have to buy when they are available or risk missing the boat, just to get to the point where I can convert a gun I spent ~$1500 on.

To say I'm frustrated, is an understatement.
    They had no right to win. Yet they did, and in doing so they changed the course of a war...even against the greatest of odds, there is something in the human spirit - a magic blend of skill, faith and valor - that can lift men from certain defeat to incredible victory.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dport View Post
    They've been talking about making parts for a year. Only a couple of people seem to have come through with full length mag tubes.

As it stands if the person making the fire control parts comes through, SOCOMguy made some full length magazine tubes, Surefire makes a nice forearm, and a follower is pretty easy to pick up, so that gets you to less than 10 components.

I figure I'm looking at another $500 in parts, some of the parts I have to buy when they are available or risk missing the boat, just to get to the point where I can convert a gun I spent ~$1500 on.

To say I'm frustrated, is an understatement.

Understand. My Trijicon/SF rep is also big with Benelli so I am hoping to pick an M4 up at around his cost. If I can, then I will go that route for sure. If not, I might just pick up an Remy Police with a 14" barrel.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 11-28-07 at 08:39.

Feedback Score
    Grant:

The Reminton 870 is the way to go period! If you go with the Police get the bead sight, add ghost rings, side saddle, short length of pull stock, and a Sure Fire forend. One issue with stock Reminton rifle sights is that only 2 or 3 threads project into the barrel to hold the sight on (Info from Rob himself) and they loosen or shear. If you go the custom gun route have Hans Vang build one for you. Scatter Gun Tech is just a dressed up Express model. Rob can do some really sick stuff with an 870 and I watched him empty one faster than a a guy could empty a Benilli. Federal LE 132 is the way to go for ammo but you will shoot mostly bird shot in the class and just a few slugs and buck. If you host the class please send me the sign up info.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Understand. My Trijicon/SF rep is also big with Benelli so I would hoping to pick an M4 up at around his cost. If I can, then I will go that route for sure. If not, I might just pick up an Remy Police with a 14" barrel.

C4
    Ironically, if you SBS the Benelli, you don't have to worry about the 922r BS.

Of course, being in the Navy, it's kinda tough predicting where you'll be stationed next and if it will be allowed.

It's bad enough trying to avoid CA like the plague.

Feedback Score
    870. That is all you need to know about fighting shotguns. Vang big safety, get some ghost rings from Vang, mesa tactical sidesaddle, SF forend light.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast