Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best F/A BCG?

cgdonley Guest

Best F/A BCG?

Between Colt, LMT, and BCM which makes the best BCG for the money?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If you want the best VALUE, I'd say BCM.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Any one of those are great but you will pay more for the Colt. The BCM or LMT will cost the same.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Although, I do own several Colt and L.M.T. B.C.G. and do not own a B.C.M., for the money/value I would say B.C.M..
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    cgdonley

So you start a thread on ARFCOM about how this site seems to bash Busmaster...

and in another thread over there your post this:

I was glad to see on this forum people have constructive input and don't as a rule blash the crap out of othere's choices of ARs like on the Kool-Aide drinkers forum.
    Then you come over here to ask all the "kool-Aide" drinkers there advice...

What's the matter... not enough "expert" advice over at the other sight???

Classy.........

cgdonley Guest
    Oh Harv
    The last time I posted here there were some VERY juvenile responses, so I've waited a long time to post here again. I want to get the best BCG so I posted it both places to get all opinions. Those that I was reffering to before have not responded yet, so take no offense as it was not directed at you or anyone who has replied to this thread. But remember that my "Cool-Aide" remark was a pun not poor spelling.

Feedback Score
    LMT and BCM would be the best bang for the buck.

I've got Colt, LMT and CMT brands.
    YMMV

AR-15 SP1 owner since 1971
    NRA and CRPA life member

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    cgdonley
    Oh Harv
    The last time I posted here there were some VERY juvenile responses, so I've waited a long time to post here again. I want to get the best BCG so I posted it both places to get all opinions. Those that I was reffering to before have not responded yet, so take no offense as it was not directed at you or anyone who has replied to this thread. But remember that my "Cool-Aide" remark was a pun not poor spelling.
    actually your experience is the total opposite of mine. I usally find the other site to be "Juvenile.

I like and post in both sites... Both sites are very different and I just don't like to see the two pitted against each other. I believe this site is pretty good about not baiting the other one.

The Bushsmaster thread here is a good example... The technical merits of that manufacturer were discussed and debated for all to see and make up there own mind, but what happens is the Bushy owners come over here.. read it and feel they need to defend there choice so they run back over there and yell how everyone is a elitist snob and are clueless. The technical data to support the finding are completely ignored. the professional experience of Industry pro's are ignored and the Shirtless 22 yr old Oly owner over at TOS suddenly bocomess the resident Expert on AR's.......

You have to understand that this site as a whole is dedicated to the more serious side of AR's so the content and the posters are more serious and the profesional ratio over here is wayyyy higher.

Very few industry pros post over there as they get told to STFU cause they don't know anything. So they post here instead (which should be a clue in itself).

The other site has some good info, but way to much "white noise" created by posters who have no real experience and don't use there AR's for much more then fun at the range.. bumb firing and such(That Shirtless 22 yr old again..). Nothing wrong with that.. but not what this site is striving for.

It irks me a little when I see posters from TOS (The Other Site) talk trash about this site.. and in reality those are the posters that no one with any knowledge would ever listen to or take any advice from as they have no clue what they don't know.. and don't know it. unfortunately a new inexperienced guy does not know there clueless either.. and may heed there advice. (kinda like Ray Charles teaching Stevie Wonder how to drive..... ).

It's too bad.. cause there are some good guys over there that have a lot of knowledge to impart.. but get drowned out by the knuckleheads. and the site is to large for the moderators to be everywhere.

To answer your question .. A BCM or a LMT BCG are both good to go...... Why??
    Cause they are both manufactured to a standard and follow that standard to the letter. That means all the right materials are used.. all the QC testing is done to standard and a superior product is the result. Which means they will hold up better under stress vs some that may work fine under normal firing conditons (Low rate of fire, limited heat built up between strings, low rd count over years,etc).

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Why do I see so much hate directed at AFRCOM? It has some VERY good resources (QUIB, and others) that I have not seen bashing anything/anyone.

However, a lot of other forums also seem to find ARFCOM offensive (I even got banned from one because it was an FN site and I questioned some things there that were obviously incorrect and that coupled with mentioning my prior experience (almost excluseive) with AR15's). They immediately thought I was bashing anything that wasn't AR15 and I even got accused of being an ARFCOM troll. What is the deal? I have not seen this behavior at AFRCOM, but others have

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Why do I see so much hate directed at AFRCOM? It has some VERY good resources (QUIB, and others) that I have not seen bashing anything/anyone.
    Like Harv said. There's a lot of good guys over on ARF. But they're far outnumbered by a dopier level of dirt shooter.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast