Thread: Saying hello from Athens, Ohio (SE Ohio)

Feedback Score

Saying hello from Athens, Ohio (SE Ohio)

Hi Everyone.

I recently joined the forums and thought it would be appropriate to introduce my self. I'm new to firearms and learning as much as I can about safety, laws, and proper effective usage.

I completed two training courses on pistols with private instructors, and passed NRA basic pistol course, Joined NRA, applied for CCW... (Currently waiting on approval from local sheriff- its been 3 weeks and no word yet. Normal?)

Recently purchase is an AR15. Primary purpose is training and learning the system.

I have admiration for military and state law enforcement.

I own 2 firearms at the moment.
    XD40sc and AR15

The only two shooting ranges I know around me are Zaleski (prohibits center fire) or Wolf Creek Nature area (morgan county class b shooting range - center fire allowed.) Strouds run shooting range was closed thanks to irresponsible students and some locals destroying the place.

Wolf creek is my favorite area to go. But its a 40 minute drive from Athens. Its worth it though. Its quiet and rural.
    Lat / Lon: 39°34'59.40"N 81°56'17.79"W

Magpul video "art of tactical carbine" on my galaxy 8.9 ^ good training tips.

Looking forward to meeting responsible locals of similar interest.
    Last edited by 0okami.Digital; 11-21-11 at 02:16.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I used to shoot at Strouds as an OU student in the mid 80s; hate to hear it's closed. Once in a while we'd go to Wolf Creek, I'd forgotten about that place.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I used to shoot at Strouds as an OU student in the mid 80s; hate to hear it's closed. Once in a while we'd go to Wolf Creek, I'd forgotten about that place.

Last I saw of Strouds run:

Quite unfortunate.
    Last edited by 0okami.Digital; 11-23-11 at 05:38.