Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ident SBR engraving (pics)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    I don't understand what you mean. I always send my paperwork out first. It's not like I can change the name on my trust based on any misspellings by the engraver since I have almost a half dozen NFA items already registered to my trust.

Or are you only talking about the very first one you tried this with?
    Just didn't want to go through the hassle of getting things fixed on the paperwork or report a "registered" lower missing. Not like they can't just pull your paperwork out of the pile. You know what I mean, I hope.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I noticed you are in Houston. We recently had someone here in Houston do our engraving on 6 lowers and a can. Took three days to do including drop off and pick up. I don't have his name handy, but I think he is a SOT here. Excellent work and even filled it with dark paint to contrast against the coyote painted lowers.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Was this guy up in Conroe/Montgomery County? If so, I thought about using him but he could only engrave the side.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    I don't understand what you mean. I always send my paperwork out first. It's not like I can change the name on my trust based on any misspellings by the engraver since I have almost a half dozen NFA items already registered to my trust.

Or are you only talking about the very first one you tried this with?
    I believe he is referring to the how to SBR your lower. It is a sticky by scottyryan. The suggestion is to test the lower with 1,000 rounds and different mags then send it out for engraving prior to applying for your stamp so you dont loose an NFA weapon in the shipping process! It is good advice.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Indent is top notch, highly recommend them.

Feedback Score
    Do I need to send a stripped lower?

Do I send the lower thru one of the mail carriers?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For some things they need a stripped lower, for other areas it doesn't matter. Best to ask them.

You have to send it as a firearm, so those rules apply. You can send it via UPS from a shipping hub (not a UPS store or contract shipper and you have to tell them it's a firearm) since Ident is a 07/02 FFL/SOT so they can receive firearms, including Title II. It can go USPS, but I think that has to be done through an FFL.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    For some things they need a stripped lower, for other areas it doesn't matter. Best to ask them.

You have to send it as a firearm, so those rules apply. You can send it via UPS from a shipping hub (not a UPS store or contract shipper and you have to tell them it's a firearm) since Ident is a 07/02 FFL/SOT so they can receive firearms, including Title II. It can go USPS, but I think that has to be done through an FFL.
    You can ship a non pistol USPS without going through an FFL. Pistols require a FFL to ship.
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by getchevyn View Post
    Do I need to send a stripped lower?

Do I send the lower thru one of the mail carriers?
    Orion and Identified were excellent when I emailed them with tins of questions. It also matters how much you need to have engraved. It it is a trust you will need more room in most cases than a name.. I used the front of the magwell for 4 lines! It also allowed me to send my lowers in with the buffer tube still attached. Which was great because although I can stake I like the factory LMT & BCM staking much better!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    You can ship a non pistol USPS without going through an FFL. Pistols require a FFL to ship.
    Yes, I'm aware. Perhaps I'm wrong, but since an AR15 lower receiver can be made into a pistol or rifle, it qualifies as a pistol. In this state anyway, one needs a handgun permit to purchase an AR15 or similar.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast