Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm woes....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's what I'm running in mine. I think it's a burst hammer with the sear catch milled off.

The 9mm hammer with the notch in the face was snagging on the area below the firing pin and not allowing smooth rearward travel of the bolt. I'm sure on non-ramped bolts it doesn't do this.
    Instructor: Sniper, Carbine, Handgun, Shotgun
    Armorer: Glock, Colt AR15/M16
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    OK,new hammer worked and its now cocking like its supposed to..New issue has come up now..Extraction sucks...Its chambering a round before the spent casing is cleared..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you sure you have the proper 9mm buffer and spring? Can you post a picture of them? Also, what stock is on your carbine...an A2 stock requires a spacer in the rear of the receiver extension.

http://ninthstage.com/index.php/2006...m-ar-15-lower/

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madsmiley View Post
    OK,new hammer worked and its now cocking like its supposed to..New issue has come up now..Extraction sucks...Its chambering a round before the spent casing is cleared..
    If you have the correct 9mm 5.6oz steel buffer and a carbine standard rate spring.

It sounds like weak ammo. Make sure that nothing is slowing the bolt down. Try lubing it very well and feel for binding anywhere (with an empty mag seated). If it's not binding it could be that the ammo is too weak. Try this if using Colt, C-products or Pro mags (if the mag will lock the bolt open manually when the mag is empty). Put 1 round in the mag and fire it. Try this several times it should lock back every time other wise bolt velocity is too slow or ammo is too weak.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Top buffer is the one out of my M4,bottom one is what Im running on the 9mm.Noticable weight difference between the two with the 9mm being the heaviest.

Stock is 4 postion adjustable.

Only mags I have access to are C-Products..Bolt is locking back after last round..Have been lubing bolt every 40-50rds..

Same problem was happening with different ammo.Ran 3 different brands of 115gr and 1 brand of 147gr....147gr didnt do it as often,but still did the same thing..

Cant feel any drag spots while manually cycling the action

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madsmiley View Post
    No, that's not the case. It's doing what mine does. It's just not EJECTING the case. The case is bouncing around inside the receiver while the bolt is going forward and loading the next round in.

I can't get my ejector bent over far enough to knock those damn cases out though.

My problem may be light loads as they are subsonic so if you are having the same symptoms it may be that the bolt is not traveling far enough rearward.

I thought this may be the case for me so I put in the H2 and I still have problems.

Next step is to put it all back on the A1 RO635 upper and start from scratch again...

ETA: GotM4- he was talking about Milspec in regards to the bolt catch. My bolt catch in the old style noveske lower is not as tall and sharp as some I've seen. It does not hold the bolt securely.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    No, that's not the case. It's doing what mine does. It's just not EJECTING the case. The case is bouncing around inside the receiver while the bolt is going forward and loading the next round in.

I can't get my ejector bent over far enough to knock those damn cases out though.

My problem may be light loads as they are subsonic so if you are having the same symptoms it may be that the bolt is not traveling far enough rearward.

I thought this may be the case for me so I put in the H2 and I still have problems.

Next step is to put it all back on the A1 RO635 upper and start from scratch again...

ETA: GotM4- he was talking about Milspec in regards to the bolt catch. My bolt catch in the old style noveske lower is not as tall and sharp as some I've seen. It does not hold the bolt securely.
    "bouncing around inside the reciever" very good description for whats happening..you think trying to bend the ejector may help??

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My friend knows of my problems and read something similar on TOS.

Check it out if you have access- he's not a paying member so searching for it again was a PITA.

Feedback Score
    I am having the same problem... Is it a ejector problem or and extractor problem..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ejector. I rebent my extractor and cleaned everything inside and out fully after disassembly of the bolt.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast