Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My....friend's new .338 Lapua

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Those BSAs track well. He'll be rocking the 15 hundo with no effort!

Where can you even shoot that far in FL? I thought you guys were land locked and stuck engaging in short range match homodom if you wanted to shoot.
    The everglades bro, and there are some people with private land in Central FL.

We have a 1,000 yard range nearby which is plenty for me. But with old boy now rocking the .338 he'll have to do some networking to get his 1-mile shots in.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    The everglades bro, and there are some people with private land in Central FL.
    We have snakes and scorpions.... You have Gators.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    The scope is going to be a problem. I've seen bsa scope that wouldn't hold a zero on a savage 223. There are so many good options for durable mid range scopes right now that your friend doesn't have to spend big money to get reliable performance. Bushnell Elite and SWFA SS series would be my top choices.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skatz11 View Post
    The scope is going to be a problem. I've seen bsa scope that wouldn't hold a zero on a savage 223. There are so many good options for durable mid range scopes right now that your friend doesn't have to spend big money to get reliable performance. Bushnell Elite and SWFA SS series would be my top choices.

I recommended him a Supersniper 10x40. But he wants a scope with a magnification of 50 or more.

I tried to sell him the Vortex 6-24x50 FFP I had on my Remington 700 (For a freaking steal: With Seekins precision rings for only $500) and he said it wasn't enough scope for what he wanted to be doing. But he's gonna rock a 3-9x BSA on a .338LM. I hope he doesn't get laughed at while at the range.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Those BSAs track well. He'll be rocking the 15 hundo with no effort!

Where can you even shoot that far in FL? I thought you guys were land locked and stuck engaging in short range match homodom if you wanted to shoot.
    Do they even have the elevation required to reach 1500 yards? 9 power is going to be a stretch and he wont be able to spot his own shots. What's funny is ive never seen a bsa at a match. I think bushnell will be about the lowest thinf you'll come across

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I recommended him a Supersniper 10x40. But he wants a scope with a magnification of 50 or more.

I tried to sell him the Vortex 6-24x50 FFP I had on my Remington 700 (For a freaking steal: With Seekins precision rings for only $500) and he said it wasn't enough scope for what he wanted to be doing. But he's gonna rock a 3-9x BSA on a .338LM. I hope he doesn't get laughed at while at the range.
    He's getting laughed at HERE, why do you think the range will be any better?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

You did everything you can as a concerned friend. Now he has to learn the hard way. Looking forward to the range report....

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    The most unfortunate part is that your friend does not even know what he doesn't know. You have tried to offer sound advice, a quality scope and good information. He has completely ignored that and now is contradicting himself by "wanting a scope with no less than 50x" and then deciding to get a 3-9.

I know you are asking for some ways to help him but he is not even willing to listen. This one is a lost cause. Some video of his first shot with the rifle would be great too!

I say good luck to you and enjoy the ride.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'll take the Vortex for $500 Just take video of him shooting, maybe you'll catch the BSA falling apart on film and it will be good entertainment for all of us. Good luck teaching him...

Feedback Score
    Is it a pst?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast