Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My....friend's new .338 Lapua

Feedback Score
    A mile out in the open does not look so bad. I look at a big building from my window. Its 1776 yards away.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Well tell him he does actually have options for good 50x scopes. Sightron Slll 10-50x60, March 10-60x52 BR, Schmidt Bender 10-50x56, Nightforce makes some 42x scopes as well.

You might want to tell him since he lives in about the hottest and humid part of the united states that mirage is gonna be a real bitch with a 50x scope in the swamp or wherever he plans on shooting that thing. I have issues with mirage sometimes in Ohio with a 24x, l cant imagine a Florida swamp with a 50x scope.

Since he doesnt reload see if yo can keep his brass, seems like he would be the type to just throw it away. Does he realise how quick 5$ a shot adds up? Its also nearly impossible to find public shooting at 1mile but l guess its a bit late for that .

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Tell him to get this:

http://www.valdada.com/product/b6c36...cba2090e1.aspx

The scope is called "The Terminator."

It weighs 3 pounds.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a0cake View Post
    Tell him to get this:

http://www.valdada.com/product/b6c36...cba2090e1.aspx

The scope is called "The Terminator."

It weighs 3 pounds.
    And then go take him hunting...make him hump it around

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony1 View Post
    Well tell him he does actually have options for good 50x scopes. Sightron Slll 10-50x60, March 10-60x52 BR, Schmidt Bender 10-50x56, Nightforce makes some 42x scopes as well.

You might want to tell him since he lives in about the hottest and humid part of the united states that mirage is gonna be a real bitch with a 50x scope in the swamp or wherever he plans on shooting that thing. I have issues with mirage sometimes in Ohio with a 24x, l cant imagine a Florida swamp with a 50x scope.

Since he doesnt reload see if yo can keep his brass, seems like he would be the type to just throw it away. Does he realise how quick 5$ a shot adds up? Its also nearly impossible to find public shooting at 1mile but l guess its a bit late for that .
    Scope reliability, ammo cost and lack of shooting space is of no concern. A real, dedicated he-man shooter of the 338 Lapua will not let these small details deter him. The Truly Dedicated will buy two boxes of premium ammo and take The Rifle to the range and fire 5 shots to sight it in, then take it home and clean it. Then he will lovingly place it in his safe where it will remain protected from the ravages of time and to be only removed to lovingly remove any specks of dust that might have collected on it's finish in the last six months and reflect on memories yet to be, as man and rifle wait for the sun and moon and stars come into alignment to create that perfect moment, although it may take years, to Take It Shooting
    Last edited by MistWolf; 11-27-11 at 18:35.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    ^^^^

Usually when someone owns a rifle like that...

The guy has a FREAKIN CCW!!

After I read how he bought a stupid ass S&W 500....that says it all.

As soon as I find out someone owns that dumb ass gun, the conversation turns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    He's had it for five days now, has he shot it yet? If I had something like that it'd be burning a hole in my gun safe. Of course the longest range I have ready access to is 200 yards. .338 Lapua bullet is probably still speeding up at 200 yards.

Owning a rifle doesnt make you a rifleman any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician. And owning a really exotic rifle, all the more so. -Suwannee Tim
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 11-27-11 at 19:55.

Feedback Score
    The way I look at it... it's a self solving problem.

1) He will shoot it a bit, and realize the recoil and muzzle blast isn't for him... as a result of a hardcore flinch that he'll develop causing him to not be able to hit anything. Then he'll sell it, or park it in the safe. Good for him, he learned something.

2) He'll shoot it, and love it... and be drilling clay pigeons to 1000yds. In which case, good for him... he's marky mark reborn.

3) He'll not be able to hit anything, and will still go shoot it at milk jugs at 100yds to impress his friends with his "sniper rifle." Good for him.

He paid for it. It's his to do with as he pleases.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He's had it for five days now, has he shot it yet? If I had something like that it'd be burning a hole in my gun safe. Of course the longest range I have ready access to is 200 yards. .338 Lapua bullet is probably still speeding up at 200 yards.
    No. He has no CCW and with the holiday cannot pick it up until Tuesday.

I told him to call BS, as Florida now has a law making local firearms ordnances null and void. My county has a 3 day wait for long guns...or rather had. As of October 1st its no longer in effect, but the store still enforced the policy.

He was too chicken shit to bring it up. He bought it Tuesday, and they only counted Wednesday, Friday, and Monday. So he can pick it up a full week after buying it.

He doesn't want a CCW because people get shot by their own guns more often than they use it to defend attackers. (Really, what can I say?) It doesn't help when I try to make a point that we hang out with an LEO who doesn't carry his off duty piece either (who also does not have a CCW) because he doesn't want to be faced with a situation where he may be forced to use lethal force and be reprimanded for it. True story.

To be clear, they are both ardent supporters of the 2nd Amendment, and even the LEO has no problem with people CCWing and thinks you shouldn't need a license to do so....its just that neither one of them have any interest in doing it.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 11-27-11 at 20:00.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    No. He has no CCW and with the holiday cannot pick it up until Tuesday.

I told him to call BS, as Florida now has a law making local firearms ordnances null and void. My county has a 3 day wait for long guns...or rather had. As of October 1st its no longer in effect, but the store still enforced the policy.

He was too chicken shit to bring it up. He bought it Tuesday, and they only counted Wednesday, Friday, and Monday. So he can pick it up a full week after buying it.

He doesn't want a CCW because people get shot by their own guns more often than they use it to defend attackers. (Really, what can I say?) It doesn't help when I try to make a point that we hang out with an LEO who doesn't carry his off duty piece either (who also does not have a CCW) because he doesn't want to be faced with a situation where he may be forced to use lethal force and be reprimanded for it. True story.

To be clear, they are both ardent supporters of the 2nd Amendment, and even the LEO has no problem with people CCWing and thinks you shouldn't need a license to do so....its just that neither one of them have any interest in doing it.

Wow! Amazing.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast