Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Want a Streamlight TLR-6 for your S&W Shield? You might be able to get one soon...

Feedback Score

Want a Streamlight TLR-6 for your S&W Shield? You might be able to get one soon...

So I was searching around ye ol interwebz to see if Streamlight had plans to make a TLR-6 for the S&W Shield when I stumbled across this:

http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-69.../dp/B0188YF8KQ

A little Google Fu of "Streamlight 69273" led to this:

http://www.billhicksco.com/storefron...&emailAddress=

From that website it looks like Streamlight is making a TLR-6 for the S&W Shield, Glock 26/27/33, Khars, Sig 238 & 938 and Kimber Micro 1911's.

And they are also listing a STREAM PROTAC RAILMOUNT 1L & STREAM PROTAC RAILMOUNT 2L which could be interesting.

I have been wondering since the TLR-6 came out why Streamlight completely ignored the Sheild and other models and introduced it only for the new kids on the block in the G42 & 43. Now it looks like they may have remedied that situation.

Just thought some of my fellow M4cer's would like to know that they now have options to mount a light on some of the most popular single stack carry guns on the market.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome sauce. Thanks Big A!
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Awesome sauce. Thanks Big A!
    http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/pro...t.html?pid=328

So I guess it's official. Can't wait to get one for my Shield.

And then get a G43 to get one for too!
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn

Feedback Score
    Found these from Crimson Trace.

Shield:
    http://www.crimsontrace.com/products...wesson/01-5600

G42/3:
    http://www.crimsontrace.com/products.../glock/01-5280

I'm Still waiting for Streamlight to release the damn TLR-6 for other models though.
    -Fjallhrafn

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice, another option! Can't wait to see these out in the wild.

Surprised it's taking so long for this stuff to come to market for the Shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone make a Kydex IWB holster for a Glock 19 or 26 with the TLR-6 attached?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I don't know why both companies insisting on having a laser rather than making it optional.

Having an onboard flashlight is a huge plus- I'll probably get the Crimson trace version since it's advertised at 150 lumens vs. Streamlights 100 lumen model.

Feedback Score
    I agree the laser should be optional.

Feedback Score

Want a Streamlight TLR-6 for your S&W Shield? You might be able to get one so...

A laser is a huge help in light conditions where iron sighs, even with tritium, are difficult to see. They can help for shooting from different, awkward positions, while moving, etc. if one needs glasses or contact lenses to see iron sights, the laser provides additional help if the corrective lenses are not there.

I see a lot of value in the laser.

I would really like to see the laser controlled independently of the light, so that the laser could be kept on while the light is used intermittently.

I would also like to see some holstet companies offer some holsters for guns so equipped. Kydex IWB holsters, pocket holsters (leather or nylon), as well as others would really enhance the usefulness of putting one of these on a gun.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 03-11-16 at 22:30.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    the CT version looks like a pressure pad under the trigger guard, and a button on the side. My guess is laser with the pressure pad, light on the side, but in reading the description, that may just be a mode button. But it reads like you can set it to activate whatever you choose, not just both.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast