Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Interesting new weapon light mounts from Haley Strategic...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I spotted this mount a few weeks back on the interweb some where...

Interesting... but I got nervouse about all the parts that are involved when I took a closer look. Are these staying on the guns tight so far?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The number of parts had me worried a bit, too, but the way it was designed to jigsaw-puzzle together is excellent, particularly in regard to how they did it without needless material; they fit together very securely. Once the Loctite is on, it's got no more chance of going anywhere than any other threaded component. The Thorntail on my Noveske-uppered gun has been decently beaten, and it's gone NOwhere.

Pretty damned impressed with it, particularly since it was a damn sight cheaper than having to swap the SWS rail on my Noveske for something else (was thinking of moving to an 11" VTAC tube, now I don't have to).
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Cool. I have one non-lighted SBR that I might try the Thorntail on.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Why not a THORNTAIL for the X300?

IWC already has the RADIAL Universal Light MOUNT-N-SLOT for the X300, I would think it would be an easy transition to a Thorntail 1913 Picatinny rail.

I can hardly wait for Surefire's X300 Ultra 500-lumen light!
    Last edited by Burt Gummer; 08-16-12 at 18:09.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. — Arthur Schopenhauer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like just about everything Travis Haley, including his AR farkle. Were I not already running a LaRue QD offset mount and a mini-Scout, I'd be in the market for one of these Thorntail mounts. Nice kit.
    "On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died." -Adlai E. Stevenson II

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burt Gummer View Post

IWC already has the RADIAL Universal Light MOUNT-N-SLOT for the X300, I would think it would be an easy transition to a Thorntail 1913 Picatinny rail.

I can hardly wait for Surefire's X300 Ultra 500-lumen light!
    would be nice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    The number of parts had me worried a bit, too, but the way it was designed to jigsaw-puzzle together is excellent, particularly in regard to how they did it without needless material; they fit together very securely. Once the Loctite is on, it's got no more chance of going anywhere than any other threaded component. The Thorntail on my Noveske-uppered gun has been decently beaten, and it's gone NOwhere.

Pretty damned impressed with it, particularly since it was a damn sight cheaper than having to swap the SWS rail on my Noveske for something else (was thinking of moving to an 11" VTAC tube, now I don't have to).
    Thanks!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Burt Gummer View Post

We looked at just adding the RADIAL's 1913 rail "tabs" to the edges of the THORNTAIL, but it didn't work like we thought with the variety of lengths, widths & switch locations of the rail mounted lights available today in the Industry.

So I designed a new mount which cantilever's the light forward like the THORNTAIL does, uses a similar "Jigsaw Puzzle" attaching mechanism which locks up tight, weighs less and like THORNTAIL, is ambi and attaches in 8 positions.

Prototype testing done. They hit the CNC's next week, then after anodize, should be available in a few weeks. $50.00. And we're exploring FDE as well as black type III HCA. We'll see...

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I just got one from Brownells today and mounted it up on my SR15. It's a great mount! I've always felt a little cramped with the urx mid rail and my prior mounting solution with a G2. I was considering a longer rail, but now I don't have to. The cantilever design gives plenty of position options and it bolts up solid! Great product, I'm looking forward to running it tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I got one earlier this week, and I have to say, it's a nice mount. I had concerns just like Jsantoro, but once tightened, it's not moving or going ANYWHERE.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast