17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Round receiver

5 29.41%
  • Hex receiver

12 70.59%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1891/30 questions

Feedback Score
    Please forgive me but i misidentified my rifle it is a 1943 Izhevsk. All the serial numbers look like they were stamped.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    For reference I use http://7.62x54r.net/. It has all the markings so you can Identify what yours is and where it came from. Plus has links to places for rounds of this caliber. You can also PM Templar he's a 91/30 fan knows a lot about them also. The site I have linked to has a ton of information too more then you will ever need on the Mosin.

Now to the Poll.

I like the hex receiver purely for ascetic looks only. Not sure if either on is stronger then the other. I do know that the Hex is heavier.
    Last edited by DemonRat; 12-29-11 at 15:01. Reason: poll info
    WFD
    EMR
    FF

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Lots of good information in this previous thread.

Don't use FMJ on a deer, get some decent soft points, even the Russian JSP's are better than FMJ.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    I don't believe there is really much difference between the two as far as accuracy is concerned, nor have I seen a huge difference in finish of the ones I've looked at. I like the round receivers because they are a little cheaper and I like the hex receivers because they're different. I bought one of each and they both shoot the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12