Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Considering my first Glock in .45ACP. Which one?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    HK45?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    We rent Glock pistols, including the 21, 30, and 36.

Those guns keep up just fine with the 22, 17, 23, 19, etc...
    The 9mm and .40's get rented more often and probably have 30k through them...the 21 might be up around 10k, but is entirely problem free.

One guy shoots on our range and blows about 400 rounds as fast as he can load his mags, though his 21 every week. Been doing it for maybe 3 years now...same gun.

He gets that gun red hot...breaks trigger springs every 3 or 4 months...probably due to how hot he gets the thing (you should see what he did to his Kimber!! this guy could break any gun out there...the Glock holds up best for him)

I too think the Glock isn't the best platform for a .45ACP. The M&P with a trigger job may get you that much closer to the 1911 "feel". To me, .45 belongs in a 1911.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would opt for the G21SF.

My experience differs from USMC03. I've watched a number of G21s complete various training classes in exemplary fashion. I know of several used as test-beds which have accumulated particularly high round counts.

The G21s also display exceptional accuracy potential out of the box, often described as match or near-match with best ammunition.

Using the addition or deletion of particular gun from an approved list is interesting, but not as evidentiary as inferred without the additional information which leads to such decisions.

An HK isn't a bad choice, but the product support isn't there. The M&P wouldn't even be a consideration for me, with it's growing pains and constant revisions. XD is also not a consideration.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    G21 SF

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'd recommend the Glock 21SF and M&P45 as well. I like the HK45 but haven't shot one so I can't recommend something without having actually used one. It does fit the hand very well, it appears HK has really improved a lot since the USP.

I currently own a 21SF (w/pic rail and ambi mag catch) w/Warren Tactical mix sights (plain black rear w/night sight front). The 21 is a big gun SF or not. It shoots very softly, is plenty accurate and easy to maintain. For 21s I change the recoil, trigger, striker, and slide lock springs (aka take down lever) springs every 5K rounds and the locking blocks (and all three pins) every 10K rounds. Mags are cheap as are parts. This sized Glock was designed to be a 10mm (Glock 20) so shooting .45ACP in the same sized platform is a pussycat. The Glock 22 was essentially a .40 shoehorned into a Glock 17 frame and it's taken a while to get it to work reliably. On the Glocks I see and fix it's the .40s that have the most problems (heavy bullet / high pressure in a 9mm sized platform), not the .45ACP (heavy bullet / low pressure in a 10mm sized platform). 10mm is a heavy bullet (180-200gr at high pressure). Sure Glock 21s have had problems along the years since their first introduction........like all Glocks models they've been updated/upgraded from time to time. That said the most balls out reliable Glock is the Glock 17 9mm (and probably it's the most reliable 9mm pistol ever made).

The M&P45 is a great gun with very good ergonomics. It fits my hand with the small insert the best, even better than the Glock 21. I've only put a fraction of the rounds through an M&P45 that I have in a Glock 21 but I find it to be very reliable (100% for me) and easily more accurate than the Glock. The trigger can be reworked (by Bowie and Burwell) to really blow away any trigger on a Glock. Mags are expensive and all metal, parts are typically on par with Glock prices but a little harder to get.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    If it's worked for 30 years. I'd stay with 1911's. The G21 is a good gun she's alittle thick though. Rather have a 1911.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin 1759

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    If it's worked for 30 years. I'd stay with 1911's. The G21 is a good gun she's alittle thick though. Rather have a 1911.
    I agree, STAY with the 1911..... don't sell your soul for something thats cheaper to abuse......Use and abuse the good stuff...its more fun and you won't regret it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    21 or 21SF.

21SF is a slightly slimmer frame, has ambi safety and a Pic rail. It also uses next gen mags. Whether or not these features are worth passing over a good price on a 21 is up to you.

Feedback Score
    If you are basing your decision from your past experience with 1911's, there isn't a full sized Glock in .45 ACP that will come close ergonomically. Even the SF model is pretty "clubby".

If you are set on a Glock, and want a reasonable grip, and require .45 ACP ballistics, the best option is probably going to be a model 37 .45 GAP. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am also looking into getting a G21SF for to carry on Duty and found out that I can get one from a Police Glock Dealer in NC and they have the G21SF in the Reg. Mag button and it uses the Reg. Glock Mag. That is want I want.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast