Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: What would one look for if they decided to buy an AK?

Feedback Score
    Yes, that is correct.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stealbear View Post
    Great thread.

How do SAR-1's hold up. Is it true that they are the same as Romanian military guns without the F/A FCG? Mine has the typical AK reliability. But i always wondered if they hold up in the long run or fall apart at the most inopportune moment. Wondered this because the same QC issues for things like canted sights and poor finishes might carry over to the more important parts? like heat treating and putting the gun together.
    Plenty of the Romanian Military guns have those same issues. Canted sights are quite common on the demilled parts kits, and not just the Romanian ones in my experience. Some of the worst canted sights I have seen were on demilled Polish kits, and those often get held up as top of the line...

Feedback Score
    I am really satisfied with the Romanian (CUGIR) made firearms I have used along the years.

Feedback Score
    Gentlemen,
    I am considering my first AK. By my reading of this thread the two I am considering should be of decent quality.
    One is a Polish Tantal AK74 with wire stock. Am I correct this is worthwhile weapon? And next is the wire stock replaceable?
    The other is a Bulgarian AK74 offered by Wideners with US made receiver. That is all I know about that one.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Tag

Great thread!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 19852 View Post
    Gentlemen,
    I am considering my first AK. By my reading of this thread the two I am considering should be of decent quality.
    One is a Polish Tantal AK74 with wire stock. Am I correct this is worthwhile weapon? And next is the wire stock replaceable?
    The other is a Bulgarian AK74 offered by Wideners with US made receiver. That is all I know about that one.

Thanks

Need to know who built the Tantal or the Bulgarian and whether it has a US barrel or an original barrel, and what parts went into it. Yes, the wire stock can be replaced with a standard AKM/AK-74 stock.

If you have links to the weapons you're looking at, that would help.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Try this for the Bulgarian:

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.c...21&dir=700|701

The Polish Tantal is in a local shop, so I'll have to go back and get more details.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 19852 View Post
    Try this for the Bulgarian:

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.c...21&dir=700|701

The Polish Tantal is in a local shop, so I'll have to go back and get more details.

That Bulgarian would be a no-go for me. Non chromed US commercial barrel, unknown US receiver.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score

Norinco Under Folder

I have a pre-ban Norinco Under Folder. It never misses a beat, always fires and isn't a picky eater. It is a good solid rifle, no complaints.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    That Bulgarian would be a no-go for me. Non chromed US commercial barrel, unknown US receiver.
    Thank you Sir. That was the info I was looking for. Gun show this weekend, I feel better armed.

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast