Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre Ban USGI Mag Info. Need Help.

Feedback Score

Pre Ban USGI Mag Info. Need Help.

Could someone help me determine a value of some mags I have? All are preban. Some are Okay Industries, and Parsons brand, but most are Center Industries and La Belle. Many are new in the sealed plastic bag, which is stamped with the date and NSN #.
    Dates range from 1980's to early 90's. All are preban.
    I would like to know if anyone could help me determine what the value of these mags would be?
    I am NOT attempting to sell these mags here in this forum. I will do that at a later time in the proper forum.
    I just need help from someone who can help put a value on them.

I also have the same in 1911 USGI .45ACP mags. Some go back to the late 70's and early 80s, and some are sealed in original packaging.
    Can anyone direct me to where to find values for these mags, or would someone mind sharing some knowledge here?
    Hope it's ok to ask this question here. Again, this is not a for sale thread, and I will do that at a later time in the proper forum.
    Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Razorhunter; 11-26-11 at 18:39.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorhunter View Post
    Could someone help me determine a value of some mags I have? All are preban. Some are Okay Industries, and Parsons brand, but most are Center Industries and La Belle. Many are new in the sealed plastic bag, which is stamped with the date and NSN #.
    Dates range from 1980's to early 90's. All are preban.
    I would like to know if anyone could help me determine what the value of these mags would be?
    I am NOT attempting to sell these mags here in this forum. I will do that at a later time in the proper forum.
    I just need help from someone who can help put a value on them.

I also have the same in 1911 USGI .45ACP mags. Some go back to the late 70's and early 80s, and some are sealed in original packaging.
    Can anyone direct me to where to find values for these mags, or would someone mind sharing some knowledge here?
    Hope it's ok to ask this question here. Again, this is not a for sale thread, and I will do that at a later time in the proper forum.
    Thanks guys.
    Where I live probably $7 a piece. Probably get a bit more in the ban states.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I am in a ban state. Going rate is $15-20 for USGI 30 rounder prebans for private sales. If you buy them in a gunshop, they are going to be inflated to $30-40.

I, personally, look to pay $15/each if they were used. I would buy them at $20/each if they were new old stock or barely used.
    Last edited by GrandPooba; 11-26-11 at 19:11.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Definitely anywhere between $15-$20 and when the time comes you could easily sell them here on the EE.
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've seen anywhere from $20-$40 in New York for single 30 round pre ban AR magazines. Oddly, condition of the magazines does not seem to be related to the price in any meaningful way. I've seen good looking ones go for 20 and beat up ones go for 40. It boils down to what the individual buyer and seller are willing to accept.
    Last edited by a0cake; 11-26-11 at 19:31.

Feedback Score
    Thanks,
    You guys have been a great help.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorhunter View Post
    Thanks,
    You guys have been a great help.
    I've always been of the mind if I were to sell pre-ban mags to those living behind the lines I would only ask for the going rate of a comparable mag. I try not to take advantage of the misfortunes of those unable to get good mags.

Spooky

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky130 View Post
    I've always been of the mind if I were to sell pre-ban mags to those living behind the lines I would only ask for the going rate of a comparable mag. I try not to take advantage of the misfortunes of those unable to get good mags.

Spooky
    ==========================

I agree.

I sold 9 a few weeks ago for $110 including shipping, which came out to <$11 each.

I was glad to get them "behind the lines".

Last edited by ucrt; 11-26-11 at 20:18.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am fortunate enough to have a friend in Florida who's been an avid AR shooter for a long time. He gave me 20 unused preban magazines with new magpul followers a few weeks ago. Greatest gift I've ever been given. Not everyone out there has dollar signs in their eyes, and those of us stuck in these states appreciate that.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a0cake View Post
    I am fortunate enough to have a friend in Florida who's been an avid AR shooter for a long time. He gave me 20 unused preban magazines with new magpul followers a few weeks ago. Greatest gift I've ever been given. Not everyone out there has dollar signs in their eyes, and those of us stuck in these states appreciate that.
    Dam, I wish. Its a bitch trying to find quality prebans for a decent price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast