Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I hope you will never reward Marlin with your business!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My `1894C was a basket case. I sent it to Superior Firearms to have it fixed. I didnt want to give Marlin a 2nd chance to screw up the gun. I will not buy a new production Marlin again

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Update as of 11/30/11

I would use the Remington/Marlin/Freedom groups supervisor's name, however I don't wish to transgress any rule's, so I will refrain from doing so, even though he has more than earned the exposure....

Today(11/30)I contacted the Remington/Marlin supervisor's office yet again, of course I got the recorded message, not the live body, nonetheless I left an explicit message for him, outlining exactly what I intended to do in retaliation for my gross mistreatment at their/his hands. I explained in detail that I had posted this account on several popular firearms & 2nd Amendment sites on the www, and that I intended to continue to update them until either the company no longer existed , or things were made right, to my complete satisfaction. I mean it, I will not fade quietly away into the night!

Later in the day I discovered I had a message, sure enough it was from the vacationing shot-caller. He made no effort at apology, indeed he simply stated matter of factly that there was some type of mis-communication, that he never intended to ship me a new firearm in the time frame previously mentioned, that he had only ordered me a new one with no clear delivery date in mind, apparently now taking the position that it could be a very very long time before they intended to compensate me one way or another!

This breaks entirely new ground in my dealings with this dispicable company, ground in which he/they are clearly lying! I should add that Remington/Marlin/Freedom Group is one of the largest arms makers in the world, he clearly understood my dilemma weeks before the Thanksgiving holiday, yet at no time did he/they attempt to make anything right, when it was first disclosed to me by them/him that the firearm in question was no longer in circulation there wasn't even a mention of perhaps upgrading me into a different model of firearm, in order to do the right thing. In fact through all my dealing's with them, it was accentuated by the clear, unmistakable, impression that you "pay's your money, and you takes your chances!"

I will continue to update this until resolution....

Feedback Score
    I very much wanted an 1895GS. I made sure it was an older CT manufactured weapon. I value it more than ever after reading this fiasco.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Ive been into guns for basically two decades and its become apparent to me, at least outside of the AR world, that you have to buy a semi custom to custom rifle to get one that doesn't come out of the box with numerous issues (no matter how small).

Between my buddies and I we have a lot of guns, and its amazing the shit being put out.

One thing, and not a slight on you but its generally not a good idea to purchase a gun you intend to use on a hunt within a relatively short period before said hunt. Ive read numerous stories like this over the years, and while the gun being ****ed up out of the box isnt cool if the hunt is so important you should have had a squared away gun months before and been practicing with it not trying to trade promises and overnight shipments back and forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
    I agree, there's a lot of shit out there. It seems most of the US made products are about on par with cheap overseas products as of late...but at higher prices. Might as well just buy the imported stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Im looking at buying a bolt action hunting gun and I doubt it will be a US made gun. Looking at Sako guns now.

US companies have continually cheapened their guns with things like plastic trigger guards and magazine housings. Add in poor qc to things like chamber checks and it gets worse from there.

Supposedly the newly made Winchester Model 70's made by FN in SC are pretty good, and a lot more consistent than pre-FN owned Win stuff.

All this kind of stuff is why I don't give a shit about modern Remchesters and such. They just make me think of cheap and plasticky. I got to play with a factory R700 once (a gun I'm actually not that familiar with in actual use), and the damn bolt made a squeaky sound when closing it! The **** is that!?!?

At this point in time, I'd rather get good with an old milsurp and hunt with that if I needed to. Old school guns are usually solid, and I love that.

And it sucks to hear that this happened to Marlin. I had always been a fan of them and the first firearm I ever shot was a Marlin.

Oh, and I did shoot one of those 1895 Lever guns once, an original. It was sweet and heart covets one.
    Last edited by rojocorsa; 12-04-11 at 03:58.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denali View Post

... retaliation for my gross mistreatment

... I mean it, I will not fade quietly away into the night

... my dealings with this dispicable company

... I will continue to update this until resolution....
    Actually, you won't be updating this much past next week if you don't alter your tone a bit. I get that you're indignant, and certainly concede that you've been treated poorly, but there is nothing to be gained by this kind of toxicity and anger. I'm not saying that your frustration isn't justified, but it serves no purpose to air it here in this fashion while the matter remains unresolved. The company has clearly attempted to make things right, and while we can all see that they have fallen well short, regular rage-fueled updates on your part are not really going to help the situation, either.

Let Marlin resolve the matter to your satisfaction, and then report back on your experience, preferably without the ire. If that simply isn't going to be possible, then we really need to just close the thread.

AC

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    It's unfortunate that some folks are having quality issues with Marlin. I must be an exception. I bought a brand new Marlin 1894C a couple weeks ago and am very pleased with it. It shoots one hole groups at 35 yds (that's the farthest distance on the pistol range), nothing fell off the gun in over 100 rounds, it ate .38 and .357 with no problem. This is only the second Marlin product I've own, the other one was a 1978 Marlin-Glenfield model 60 .22LR.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    I have had two Marlin 45-70s. Both fed cartridges, but not well. I did not own them long before trading them in.

Feedback Score
    Cerberus ruins another gun company. They suck!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Wow. I bought a new Marlin 336 sometime between August and October and it's pretty much flawless other then the lever occasionally hangs up (which, to my understanding, is typical). It's always a bummer to get something that's screwed up. For once I must have had some good luck.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My dad bought a new 1895GSL(stainless with the XS rail) about 3 months ago and it has been flawless, although we have only put about 100 rounds through it.

As for the Sako, good guns, but good luck getting parts. A guy on another forum I am on built up a TRG42 and needed some parts/wanted some spare parts and was told between now and never would be the delivery date for the parts. He is selling/sold the TRG42, although he said it was a fantastic gun.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast