Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Son's first deer

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I look forward to the day I can do that with my son and daughters.
    I still haven't been able to get my daughter her deer yet and hopefully next year we can do that.

One benefit that I didn't even think about is that when we are out there in our stand it's just us and nothing else to do but talk to each other while passing the time. We get to talk about things that we normally wouldn't during the week or at home. You have the chance to get deep into your conversations and we all pay better attention to each other while doing so.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    That is priceless!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    nice deer he looks very happy

Feedback Score
    Really he is very cute and looks very happy as this is his first deer. Best wishes to him

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    AWESOME! My first deer was also a button buck not much bigger than that one. Brings back memories.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I remember my first deer and just about shitting Twinkies before I pulled the trigger. Good stuff. Enjoy those memories. But next time, make him drag and empty a warm, full gut bucket. That's another thing he won't forget. 8)
    Life is full of choices. I choose Noveske.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My first deer was a button buck that we thought was a doe as well! Great memories.

Good for your son and good on you for starting to stress the importance of proper game management and the size of deer you are taking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12