Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAC rebuilding '06 cans to '07 specs for cost?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So you didn't get your fill of AAC bashing on "the other site" so you are over here now?

==========================

As far as good customer service goes, if the owner/user does something asinine with his or her can and does major damage to it, they will fix it for 50% of the retail price. If the can has/had a defect of some kind then it is covered under their warranty.

So for example, if you don't screw your can on properly and shoot holes in it you pay to have it fixed at 50% of retail price. If the can has a defect in it, you are inconvenienced for as long as it takes to get it fixed or rebuilt. If you have an old can and just want to get it updated to current specs then pay your 50% and enjoy the benefits of their R&D.

What other manufacture will take a previously sold suppressor and rebuild it completely for you? I've talked to a couple of other companies and they will repair the can if they can but, won't remake it under the original paperwork so your out $200 and the hassles of a new Form 4 if you shoot holes in the suppressor tube body.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't know what your agenda is but you are answering a totally different question- one that i haven't asked.

I thought they've always fixed cans at 50%. This is something new as far as I've heard.

I think it's a good plan. If I had an 06 and thought I needed an upgrade for an otherwise decent can, I'd have the option to.

If I was hinting at anything negative whatsoever it would be that turnaround times might be long. AAC is already trying to correct long wait times and I don't understand how this fits in or will help with those.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Your other posts seemed antagonistic when I read them on TOS.

Unlike some smaller one-man shops, I doubt AAC does very many "single run" can productions. It was that way with my Titan. I placed my order and when they ran them for a military contract my can was produced.

If long lead times are a problem, you should be buying from a stocking dealer. If you buy factory direct, you have to fit into their production cycles. Bookhound seems to generally have everything in stock because he buys in large quantity so, your only wait time is sending the money and waiting on the ATF. Small shops that have no inventory and order factory direct for good pricing are going to have to fit into the production cycles at AAC. I assume something similar happens with any returns unless it is a special circumstance such as a factory defect. Basic business economics won't allow them to setup the tooling for one suppressor and maintain any kind of reasonable margins so, I suspect the key in most cases is when will the next batch run happen?

Feedback Score
    What military contract did AAC get for the Titan?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It has been there policy for awhile that you could upgrade a given model to the next generation model for 1/2 the MSRP cost.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    It has been there policy for awhile that you could upgrade a given model to the next generation model for 1/2 the MSRP cost.
    Your input is typical.

That's not what I'm talking about now.

I'm talking about a full blown full rebuild for cost.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Your input is typical.

That's not what I'm talking about now.

I'm talking about a full blown full rebuild for cost.
    The upgrade is a "full blown rebuild".

What is your source that they have gone from charging 1/2 MSRP to cost?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    I don't go over there and I'm looking for an actual discussion and not to just be told to shut up by hardcore fans.
    Well, you are banned on Silencertalk.com for personal attacks and posting misleading information about AAC and others.

We offer upgrades for many obvious customer service reasons. Although I started our company in 1994 (we started manufacturing in 1997), I am only 33 years old. I plan on making silencers for decades. We want to offer our customers the ability to upgrade their silencers as we upgrade technology...it is just that simple. We spend $100,000's every year on R&D, and we want the customer to benefit from this easily, at every opportunity.

We have grown ~300% this past year, so there have been a few delays as we expand. We are anticipating about another ~300%-500% next year, so we have doubled the size of our facility and the number of CNC machines. We are currently automating nearly every aspect of the manufacturing and QC processes. We are doing this to keep up with future demand and military orders. This is a difficult and expensive process, but in the end (early '08) this will be complete and we should have every product in inventory (ready for shipment).

Feedback Score
    Question has been answered. Nothing else to comment on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12