Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My VZ-58 (FSN01)

Feedback Score

My VZ-58 (FSN01)

VZ

Here are some pics of my VZ-58. This is an Canadian rifle imported by Marsar from recent imports from FSN.

The rifle has a plum receiver and had the particle pressed furniture. I purchased a sported wood furniture that I refinished in mahogany stain as I did not like the high gloss finish.

Hope you enjoy.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    One of the nicest examples Ive seen, looks great

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think I like the composite wood chip furniture better, but regardless that is a very cool rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice. I did the same thing with one of my mine. I picked up some unfinished furniture from a guy on the AK forum and looked up a recipe for making a plum dye from RIT clothes dye and acetone and I don't remember what all else. Anyway, it was a PITA but I thought it came out looking pretty nice.

The other has the folding stock with a railed fore end and Scout scope mount with a RDS on it.

I wanted something in 7.62x39 and went back and forth between getting an AK or buying the vZ-58s. Finally settled on these and am pretty satisfied, although I have not shot either one a ton.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I LOOOOOOOOOVE that furniture. It looks very WASR-10ish, yet somehow, infinitely more classy.
    Aimpoint M4S- Because your next Aimpoint battery hasn't been made yet.

Feedback Score
    Do you have to use limited cap mags in it?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks for starting this thread.

I wanted to know about the gas block, and if you're limited to 5 rd. mags even on the license that allows you to buy the 15.5" barrel.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Sadly, YES - the 5 round rule applies, even if you have a 'restricted' license.

The VZ is one of the few cool things we can own that you can't (kinda.. ). I had one for a while... cool gun, but didn't get much use. There is also a 'K' model up here, kinda like a Krinkov, but VZ based... now THAT'S a cool little rifle!

Good to see some other guys from CGN browsing M4C.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Is the gas block nickel or hard chrome?

I'm assuming (always dangerous) that was a marketing thing for corrosive ammo? Or was it strictly for aesthetics?
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
    Sadly, YES - the 5 round rule applies, even if you have a 'restricted' license.

The VZ is one of the few cool things we can own that you can't (kinda.. ). I had one for a while... cool gun, but didn't get much use. There is also a 'K' model up here, kinda like a Krinkov, but VZ based... now THAT'S a cool little rifle!

Good to see some other guys from CGN browsing M4C.
    Pics or it didn't happen lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast