Thread: 9mm 2 stage?

Feedback Score

9mm 2 stage?

hello all. new to the forum but I've had ARs for a couple years now. I have a DPMS sportical that's had a little bit of work done and it's now a work of art(well in my eyes anyway). I have a model1 9mm kit on a DPMS lower and would kindof like to stream line it a little bit. I've spent the better part of a year trying to fix issues with FTE/FTFs and now that I think I have that under control I figured I'd work on accuracy. I just got a leupold 1-4x scope and I was thiking about getting a rock river 2 stage trigger. I have the rock river in my sportical and like it a lot. is the heavier 9mm hammer going to cause issues or even be compatible with the hammer on the 2stage or am I just gonna have to suck it up?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Why would you spend a whole year trying to fix such issues on such garbage when there are so many better options?
    You basically spent a year polishing a turd.

Feedback Score
    yay, constructive criticism, I had forgotten what it was like, thank you for all your helpful input
    The only difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.
    Ignorance is correctable. Stupid aint
    Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab-boys gave me: [paper rustling] do not get covered in the repulsion gel!- Cave johnson

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Take a good look at the second line of your sig. Then with that fresh in your mind use the yellow search bar at the top to start reading endless info until your eyes start to bleed on dpms and model 1 sales.
    And if you think I'm harsh or an ass your sure to love the others here.

Feedback Score
    ok I'll lay it out for all the big nasty guys.

I am not a surburban marine. I do not need a class 3 colt SBR in 6.8 for when the slanty eyed people decide to repo half the US.

I do not make the money to justify a 1800 dollar rifle and then 2000 in upgrades, plus 1000 in optics and then shoot 10,000 rounds a year...I have a limited income and this is what I have to work with. it's not like it's an AP lower with a blackthorn kit. also when I say I spent a year fixing it, it was not a a literal year where I spent every day fixing it. this is a "I have 2 weeks a year where I am in the same place as this gun so if one troubleshooting option fails I have to order more stuff time I get leave again" typed deal.

if you have issues with my budget decisions then move on to a new thread. I dont belittle you for driving a Cadillac instead of a bentley. why would you belittle me for owning a M!S instead of a spikes
    Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab-boys gave me: [paper rustling] do not get covered in the repulsion gel!- Cave johnson

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You don't need to spend money to have good shit. It's called shopping around Why buy a $700 pile of trash when you can get the gold ****ing standard for $900-$1000. Didn't say you needed a wonder rifle but what you have is just plain bottom of the barrel. Colt, BCM and Daniel Defense are allot cheaper than you think if you don't shop at golddiggers r' us.
    And I don't think you'll find much love here for spikes either. There not what you might think. As far as belittling you goes.... BULLSHIT! Criticism of your gear based off of facts is NOT personal. Case in point: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=93390
    Last edited by Mr blasty; 11-30-11 at 13:06.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is your bolt ramped?

Feedback Score
    unramped I believe.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The two stage trigger is a unit, you need the hammer and trigger.

Depending on the shape of the hammer it may or may not work with a non ramped bolt. You should contact RRA for the best answer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You put a 4x capable scope on a 9mm? I must have the wrong idea about the effective range of a 9mm.

Seems like you need to rethink your whole approach here.