Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New guy with a question

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

You live in a great State! I used to live in St. George, and my EX-Wife lived in S.L.C.! I to am conerned about the Hilary angle, BUT if you are getting a good bonus in a couple of months I'd sign up for the training. I was in the Army for 10yrs and NOTHING beats going to the MOUT or assualting a trenchline! Nothing will make up for the experience will get going there! After that you just keep up your skills!

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I have been in SLC going on 4 years and love it.

I think I will build up an LMT just the way I want it and was looking at doing a training class with Trident concepts I think its called. I have emailed them for the info.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 JC View Post
    Yeah, I started looking around @ G&R tactical website looks like I could build the LMT for alot less.

Whats wrong with the Samson rail?

I am in Salt Lake City, Utah. We have a great gun store here called Get Some LLC that has about everything you could want in a AR's, AK's, Suppresors ect.
    Do a search on the site and you will see all the legal mumbo jumbo.

Feedback Score
    You have a weapon that is "Functional" and reliable, so I would keep it as a "Back Up" as long as the Gas Key is staked properly, and you're 100% satisfied that it runs 100% of the time with your enhanced parts. I had a Bushy for my first 2 years in "AR Land" and it performed 100%, but that was a few years ago before the QC started to be questionable.

I also agree that now is the time to stock up on those items that very well could be banned like a second Lower. You can always get a LPK and stock for the 2nd lower.

Next, think about the upper YOU want. The LMT MRP is a great modular system, and all you need to do is change out barrels (easily done without having to be gunsmith) when the old one craps out, which is probably between 15K to 20K rounds in a 16" mid length gas system. Get 2 bolts when you get the extra barrel (2 total), and you'll be GTG for many years based on your stated tarining schedule. Get 2 bolts and a spare BCG IF/ WHEN you get the initial MRP upper.

With this system, you can continue to use all your accessories including BUIS', Light's and Optics on the same platform. I believe it's much easier to "Hump" and extra barrel if needed than another full rifle.

Along the way, you should try to take at least one training class from a reputable instructor, and then "Train"! Once you have really gotten everything out of that class, consider an advanced class, and the "Train". It's important to keep your new found skills sharp and at the ready.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

5.56JC, You will shoot 1k of rds or more in 2-3 days and your bore will get pretty messed-up, you will notice your rifle is'nt as accurate as before you went. "BUT" have no fear, go out and buy you some copper bore cleaner it will make cleaning a lot faster. And your rifle will be back-up to snuff!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12