Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of year update for TacTV

Feedback Score

End of year update for TacTV

Guys I figured I would post this and bring everyone up to speed - first off thanx to all for your feedback on the show; me and my crew really appriciate it - we have been super busy with filming and also myself with my training so we haven't stopped by as often as we would like but we do read and digest what you guys say so keep providing feedback

The website is still on track for people to be able to watch the show online along with extended episodes and bonus content; it is late ( we wanted to have it live in late summer/ early fall) but we found out it was a SERIOUS endeavor to bring it to life - what we have envisioned will be the first of it's kind and we want to make sure it is right; we would rather be late than launch it before it is ready; it will be killer and hopefully we are on the home stretch with it

We are finishing the year with a cool Glock torture test which bookends the season that started with the DDM4 torture test - it is coming up soon so watch for it

If you guys have ideas for season two let us know; we have some great ideas but part of this show was all about involving the audience- I look at as the first gun show for real gun guys and from a real gun guy; our show from our community- finally!!

Please vote for TacTV as best shooting show on Sportsman Channel and contact the show sponsors and thank them for their support; airtime on TV is NOT cheap and TacTV would not exist without the support of our sponsors so please support them

Be safe and enjoy the show!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all your work on this show (and your crew of course)! I agree 100% that this is a show for gun guys. I enjoy the unusual guns, the trivia and most importantly the knowledge you share with the viewers. (Seeing blow up a car with southern thunder wasn't bad either) I look forward to each and every episode.

As for future episode ideas, I'd love an episode (or two) with you, Ken Hackathorn and Rob Leatham discussing anything and everything about pistol shooting. That would blow my mind!

Other suggestions:
    An episode that discusses your thoughts on the future of small arms

An episode discussing ammunition selection for various situations would be cool too.
    Last edited by weary; 01-18-12 at 15:02.

Feedback Score
    I'd like to see a torture test done on a cheap or parts built M4, just to see what the difference would be between the DD M4 and a cheap one.

I would also like to see an episode done on different kinds of ammo and their uses in certain situations. Also that could tie in with different calibers and what you like personally and what works in certain situation better than others.

An episode on what drills or TTP's you practice most frequently or what the viewers could get the most use out of would be interesting.

I'd like to see an episode on Full Auto vs. Semi-auto and their respective uses and places on the battlefield.

I'd like more content per subject, Make then one hour Episodes!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Great ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
    I'd like to see a torture test done on a cheap or parts built M4, just to see what the difference would be between the DD M4 and a cheap one.

I would also like to see an episode done on different kinds of ammo and their uses in certain situations. Also that could tie in with different calibers and what you like personally and what works in certain situation better than others.

An episode on what drills or TTP's you practice most frequently or what the viewers could get the most use out of would be interesting.

I'd like to see an episode on Full Auto vs. Semi-auto and their respective uses and places on the battlefield.

I'd like more content per subject, Make then one hour Episodes!

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)

Season 2 Suggestion

Larry,

Thanks for Season 1.

I would really enjoy a whole show devoted to the Garand, and not like some have been done recently with a few minutes on the Garand and then a lot more on other rifles.

It would be cool to see a whole series of episodes devoted to America's battle rifles.

Paul McCain
    Ballwin, Missouri
    Last edited by ptmccain; 12-13-11 at 18:42.

Feedback Score
    Am episode on ammunition would be great. Love the show.

Feedback Score
    Watched part 1 and was not not disapointed
    "The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."—Colonel Robert J. Coates, USMC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A show on different kinds of ammo....... Composition and reasons or situations to use a particular one over another, would be great.
    Maybe a little bit on some good gun advice on preparedness.....
    Thanks,
    Jim Henry

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would like to see a real side by side torture test. Example a Tier 1 carbine vs a DMPS/Bushy or any other questionable brand. Start off with new well lubed guns and fire to they fail. Use M193 fire 60 rounds per minute until the guns crap out.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'd like to see a hunting with ARs episode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast