G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End of year update for TacTV

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    Guys I figured I would post this and bring everyone up to speed - first off thanx to all for your feedback on the show; me and my crew really appriciate it - we have been super busy with filming and also myself with my training so we haven't stopped by as often as we would like but we do read and digest what you guys say so keep providing feedback

The website is still on track for people to be able to watch the show online along with extended episodes and bonus content; it is late ( we wanted to have it live in late summer/ early fall) but we found out it was a SERIOUS endeavor to bring it to life - what we have envisioned will be the first of it's kind and we want to make sure it is right; we would rather be late than launch it before it is ready; it will be killer and hopefully we are on the home stretch with it

We are finishing the year with a cool Glock torture test which bookends the season that started with the DDM4 torture test - it is coming up soon so watch for it

If you guys have ideas for season two let us know; we have some great ideas but part of this show was all about involving the audience- I look at as the first gun show for real gun guys and from a real gun guy; our show from our community- finally!!

Please vote for TacTV as best shooting show on Sportsman Channel and contact the show sponsors and thank them for their support; airtime on TV is NOT cheap and TacTV would not exist without the support of our sponsors so please support them

Be safe and enjoy the show!
    I have had trouble finding it on cable, but maybe that's my cable package or some thing. I have been watching what I can on YT, etc. and will make new effort to track it down on Sportsman Channel. You're a natural for TV, which helps a lot no doubt.

How about iron sites vs RDS and the strengths/weakness of each choice?
    Last edited by WillBrink; 12-17-11 at 10:17.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    My local channel just carried the HK21 vs SR25 episode. Loved it! Of course now I want an HK21 in the worst way....

Here are some ideas I have for subject matter:

Shooting from inside or around vehicles, bailing from a vehicle. This could be geared towards a CCW holder or an LEO.

Mid-range optics, specifically 1-4x, 1-6x, 1-8x, etc. The Short Dot rewrote the book on versatile low power variables. How does it stack up against the new breed from US Optics, Leupold, Premier, Zeiss, etc.?

The current state of 7.62 NATO 'enhanced' battle / DMR rifles. A few years ago it was G3, FAL, and M14. Now there are KAC SR25 EMCs, SCAR-Hs, LMT MWS, OBRs, etc. How do they stack up against each other, and how can a shooter get the most out of them?

Carry and hideout guns. What guns do you and guys like Ken Hackathorn use when a full size gun is too big? How do you carry/use it differently than a full size gun?

Night vision tech. Clip on sights, monocles/goggles, dual tube NODs, laser sights, IR illuminators etc. How can a police officer or civilian use this kind of technology?

I will never get tired of seeing someone shoot a belt fed from a helicopter.

Kit setup. The episode (I think it was one of your other shows) where you took a base M4 and completely outfitted it with sight, light, laser, etc. was great. Something similar for a vest, belt, chest rig, etc. would be interesting.

I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

Feedback Score
    Agreed. A 7.62 episode, involving most if not all the current combat rifles out there (FAL, LMT, Larue OBR, SCAR, etc..., and a few AK variants), with their various applications (combat, DMR, sniper, etc...), would be kick ass.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Would love to see a chest rig episode or tactical vest episode.

To me the best LAV episode of all time (among both shows) was the M4 episode where he showed how to install all the accessories, zero it, and camo paint it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Would love to see a chest rig episode or tactical vest episode.

To me the best LAV episode of all time (among both shows) was the M4 episode where he showed how to install all the accessories, zero it, and camo paint it.
    First off, thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication to the show Mr. Vickers. I've watched all the episodes, and some twice.

I think you will have a long future on the Sportsman Channel.

I agree a Kit setup follow up would be great too. Not all load outs work for all people. I spoke with a vet last week on the subject and it was a real eye opener.

I'm always setting my rig up for different "feel" and use. But it would be great for such an Outstanding Professional/SME to explain tactical advantages to certain set-ups.

Again, thank you for the show! It's the best on TV as far as I'm concerned.

Feedback Score
    I'd like to second ptmccain's suggestion on an episode featuring the M1 Garand. I bought one a short time ago and even earned my Rifleman badge at a three day long range rifle course offered by the Appleseed Project held at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, New Mexico (not to brag ).
    NRA Life Member, JPFO member, NAGR member, 2nd Amendment Foundation member and Life Member of Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 996

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 84B20 View Post
    I'd like to second ptmccain's suggestion on an episode featuring the M1 Garand. I bought one a short time ago and even earned my Rifleman badge at a three day long range rifle course offered by the Appleseed Project held at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, New Mexico (not to brag ).
    I thought there was one already. Or do you mean more in depth? They tested the myth of the clips "ping" giving your position.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Frankly, I thought the TACTV forum here was pretty much dead, unless I've been missing something.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    I thought there was one already. Or do you mean more in depth? They tested the myth of the clips "ping" giving your position.
    I mean a more in depth treatment. I did a treatment on mine similar to LV's mod of the M4 featured on TacTV this week. I replaced the stock (I did keep the old furniture) with a carbon fiber one. I also added an Ultimak rear upper hand guard and installed a pistol scope with a long eye relief. Changed the gas plug so it can handle other types of ammo besides the military grade plus a couple other upgrades. It turned out to be a very accurate and reliable hunting rifle with a very reasonable price tag.
    NRA Life Member, JPFO member, NAGR member, 2nd Amendment Foundation member and Life Member of Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 996

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    Frankly, I thought the TACTV forum here was pretty much dead, unless I've been missing something.
    I guess I brought it back to life. I couldn't help it when I saw your post about the M1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12