Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Magpul Dynamics- The Art of the Precision Rifle

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'm playing with Shooter on my Android phone, and BulletFlight on my iPhone. I have not had a chance to head out to the range with them yet.

Snipershide has several threads on both, and I think there was a good writeup here on BulletFlight. If I can find the threads, I'll send them to you.

BulletFlight has three levels - one is 4 bucks, one is 12 and one is 30. The 30-dollar app is designed for military shooters, and has the best reviews.
    Ballistics FTE on the iPhone and iPad is a very well done exterior ballistics app. The FTE version has a HUD mode similar to BulletFlight's.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

The formerly gun-loving state of Colorado.
    Feedback Score
    I use both Ballistic FTE and Shooter on the iPhone. Both are fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter
    You don't change peoples minds by reinforcing stereotypes.

Feedback Score
    I just got done watching the Maglup PR DVD and I have to say they did a great job IMO.

The information they covered was informative, educational and interesting. I think its a great set of DVD's for people that are looking to get into the PR side of shooting. IMO, well worth the cost.

R.
    "In the end, it is not about the hardware, it's about the "software". Amateurs talk about hardware (equipment), professionals talk about software (training and mental readiness)" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. On Combat

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rickp View Post
    I just got done watching the Maglup PR DVD and I have to say they did a great job IMO.

The information they covered was informative, educational and interesting. I think its a great set of DVD's for people that are looking to get into the PR side of shooting. IMO, well worth the cost.

R.

Good to hear. Im waiting on the Blu Ray edition to come out next month.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've watched 4 of the 5 discs so far, and I found it very good as something that takes the mystique out of long range shooting, also with a good grounded in the basics. I'm amazed that on M4C we still get the impulsive that jump the gun and rant about something seen in the trailer. The section where the rifle is canted 90 degrees is carefully explained and was offered as a technique for rare or extreme circumstances, yet showed that hits were still unable to be made. To jump the gun, so to speak, and rail against something from the trailer seems a little impetuous to me.

So far the DVDs have been good stuff, and a great value for money. Do they replace actual quality instruction, of course not, but I think they were worth the 50 bucks.

Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    In case anyone is keeping score, Cameron just won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Cameron won again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Ballistics FTE on the iPhone and iPad is a very well done exterior ballistics app. The FTE version has a HUD mode similar to BulletFlight's.
    having had used 4 or 5 of the top ballistic handhelds, i can say that Bullet Flight sucks... features and usability....

look at "shooter ballistics" and "Ballistic FTE" both ar 100% more user friendly and have more usability..

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/balli...303254296?mt=8

http://shooter.kndy.net/
    Last edited by Ring; 12-26-11 at 13:37.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I like the tid-bit about pushing forward on the QD scope as you tighten it to reduce changes from recoil
    just a FYI.. this should be done when mounting ANY scope...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345