Thread: Thinking About A Trijicon ACOG

Feedback Score

Thinking About A Trijicon ACOG

Well, I'm thinking about an ACOG, but I'm torn between the TA01NSN and the TA31F. I like the BAC concept, but I can get the TA01NSN considerably cheaper. Not sure if the BAC is worth the extra green backs.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Have you looked at the TA33? It is less then the TA31F. I was thinking of getting one some time in the future.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I have owned both the TA01NSN and the TA31. I prefer the TA31 as I'm quicker with BAC. You can get a little more accuracy (depending on what type of targets you are shooting and at what distance) out of the TA01NSN due to the reticle.

The only thing I don't like about the TA01NSN and the TA31 is the short eye relief. Not a big issue if all your shooting will be done from a bench, but the short eye relief on the TA01NSN and TA31 really "expose" themselves when running and gunning an shooting from non traditional positions.

Due to the short eye relief I found it hard to locate targets down range when shooting at several targets at varying distances down range. Having shot the same courses of fire with both the TA31 and TA11, I found the TA11 much quicker in locating targets down range:

(steel targets are positioned from 175 yards to 425 yards)

(same targets, closer pic)

My preference is for the TA11, as it has the same features as the TA31 with longer eye relief. The only down side to the TA11 is that it's larger than the TA01NSN and TA31. The larger size of the TA11 is not an issue on a rifle or mid-length, but they tend to dominate a M4 or SBR.

I haven't had the chance to get my hands on a TA33, but this may be another option worth considering. Smaller than the TA31, more eye relief than the TA31, cheaper than the TA31, and only 1x less magnification (TA31 - 4x vs. TA33 - 3x).

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have both version: TA01NSN/Jpoint and TA31DOC and see no major differences between the two except the tritium placement. The Eye relief can be a con but with the low recoil of the 5.56 should not be an issue.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thmpr View Post
    I have both version: TA01NSN/Jpoint and TA31DOC and see no major differences between the two except the tritium placement. The Eye relief can be a con but with the low recoil of the 5.56 should not be an issue.
    The TA31DOC's reticle is quite a bit different than the TA31F / TA31 (and TA11)

TA31DOC's reticle:

TA31F's reticle:

TA31 / TA11's reticle:

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I was refferring to the the TA01NSN vs the DOC. But between what he is asking for, their very diff. I perfer the cross hair reticle than the chevron or the circle dot.

Feedback Score
    I decided to go with the TA31F. I received it from Grant today and so far I am very pleased. I'll get some trigger time behind it later this week and see how it goes.