Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: According to this guy, his Mosin Nagant is better than any AR

Feedback Score
    The Mosin; the modern version of the butter knife.
    For all your "friends or acquaintances" who didn't bother to prep, and now are in dire need of help, you give them a butter knife, and let them know that if they are careful, and go about right, they can earn themselves a serious weapon with it, and then pass it on (the butter knife).
    The Mosin makes this a bit easier to accomplish.
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That is exactly what I am trying to say. It is a good weapon to arm cannon fodder with that you won't cry about if its lost.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    The Mosin; the modern version of the butter knife.
    For all your "friends or acquaintances" who didn't bother to prep, and now are in dire need of help, you give them a butter knife, and let them know that if they are careful, and go about right, they can earn themselves a serious weapon with it, and then pass it on (the butter knife).
    The Mosin makes this a bit easier to accomplish.
    I feel the same way...
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    One has to remember that Russian snipers using the Mosin rifle chew up the German army during WWII.

Any shooter with a touch of skill and a serviceable Mosin rife can inflict some damage to a hostile force with the deployment of some gorilla tactics.

Hell its better then no gun at all.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 01-16-12 at 17:09.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    The mosin is a great gun for what it is. A Cheap turd. I have one, and once I finished fixing the filthy barrel, and tight headspace, got a good stock and scope on it, it's a really fun polished turd.

Sent from my MB860

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    Hell its better then no gun at all.
    I agree with this. My perspective comes from having a "double-digit" amount of serviceable AR's laying around.

I have thought a few times about getting 4 and 4K rounds of ammo... there's just many other things I need worse.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The same way anybody here is going to instinctively look down on a worn out old 1985 honda civic - sure it sucks, but it's still transportation. The Mosin isn't going to compete on tacticool cred with a modern weapon system, but anything that converts ammunition into loud noises and high speed projectiles is better than nothing, and it's possible to do LOTS worse.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They are durable and functional. That said, I would take a Mauser K-98 over one any day.

That said, I would take a Mk4 Enfield over either one every day and five times on Sundays.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

It is guys like him that are going to ruin the fun of teotwawki.

Who the heck wants to have a gun fight defending your domain and then go do your battlefield pickups and find crap like that.
    Reckon it is better than nothing...but not by much...

But maybe it's just me...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE G View Post
    Mosin discussion seems to come in waves and has a cult like following. Seemingly the cult of the cheap. Rationalizing how carrying a mosin and 'knowing how to use it' will put you in better shape than the guy running an AR. Apparently people running ARs or AKs don't take classes but that mosin comes with a lifetime of small unit tactics and guerilla warfare experience.

I have only one purpose for mosins, it is the rifle version of a liberator pistol. For a small amount of money I can outfit and train a lot of people that otherwise wouldn't have guns NOT as a replacement or 'just as good as' solution to my ARs. So, if I was part of a prepper group where extended family would potentially be brought in I would push for the group to get a mosin and ammo for each possible 'extra person' while each core group member would have high quality carbines and sidearms.
    Very well said and not a bad idea.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast