Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: According to this guy, his Mosin Nagant is better than any AR

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    i don't know what to tell you. my buddy has a mosin sniper, with the original scope and all that jazz, cost like 600, and without doing anything he rolls up to my range and hits an 8 inch plate about every time at 300, 400, 500 and 550 no problem. thats with a 70 year old, 3x magnification scope. he's a decent shooter but not amazing. how many people with only modest shooting abilities can do that with a $600 ar and 3x scope? this argument depends on what the purpose is as well. are we shooting big game at 500 yards? if so a mosin is probably better. are we shooting for tight groups at 100 yards? then maybe an ar. it just depends on the rifle, shooter and purpose.

Feedback Score
    holy thread resurrection batman
    Red Rider BB gun - Lever Action
    Daisy Model 10 BB gun
    Crosman CO2 BB Pistol
    Daisy F16 Slingshot
    McDonalds Straw and spitballs

Can you believe people actually list thier guns as a signature?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by p22shooter30 View Post
    holy thread resurrection batman
    not really its only a few months old.

Feedback Score
    fair enough, im glad you brought it back. i love talking about my mosin, but at 200 yards or less which is what i would think most combat would take place in an urban/suburb or wooded environment, i would take a 30 rounds in a semi auto form anyday of the week. for a strickly hunting application i would take my mosin along. which i have done for the last couple of years and will do again this year. deer dont run far when you hit them with a 203 grain brownbear softpoint bullet. but i have never deer hunted with an AR. my wife might try it this year because she lovers her pink AR i built her over my scoped 308.

i guess it would be hard for your buddy with his scoped mosin to concentrate and aim well from 400 yards away when there is 30 rounds flying at him. i might not be able to hit him, but i can keep his head down while i run away or manuever closer. probably run away
    Red Rider BB gun - Lever Action
    Daisy Model 10 BB gun
    Crosman CO2 BB Pistol
    Daisy F16 Slingshot
    McDonalds Straw and spitballs

Can you believe people actually list thier guns as a signature?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've probably had a mosin in every flavor over the last 10 years. I still have a soft spot for them. One day (9 yrs ago, I was 20) I met up with a friend for a shoot. It was nothing fancy at all. He brought his dpms, & I brought a Chinese T-53 (Mosin M44). My $50 mosin shot tighter groups all day long. We switched rifles and it was still the same story. I then came to the conclusion AR-15s are junk. Of course now I see things differently and see what a real turd dpms is. Of course I think you could fight with a mosin; but realistically you turn yourself into a WWI soldier in a modern day conflict.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As a C&R License holder, and a lover of most military surplus weapons, I say lets not cast aside the Mosin, or the other old guns
    without caution. I have always felt that mine would definately have a place in a SHTF/WHATEVER scenario. But, lets RIGHT NOW get rid of the notion that they are a match for a well made AR and someone who knows how to run one.
    The Mosins, Mausers, Garands..ect..are hard hitting, long range bad asses, if you know how to use them. I can see hunting with them, using them against fortified emplacements that a 5.56 cant get into,
    and other situations where hard hitting ammo is called for. I say, yes, have a few, get a good bit of ammo, and practice with them outside your normal AR range of fire, and enjoy them within their limitations.
    I have been freakin amazed at some of the groups Ive fired with 60-70 year old ammo and guns as old, or older.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So, Would a person be better off in a SHTF situation with a $100 Mosin and spend 1500 on training and ammo, or a $1500 M4 without much training and ammo?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    cbr-
    MY opinion is your ****ed in either of those scenarios.
    One worse than the other.

Feedback Score
    If I was going cheap on weapon preparedness (because I was cheap or actually poor) I would look for the right kind of shotgun. It is a much more versatile weapon and much better inside of 50 yards where most post SHTF shootings are likely to occur- not to mention PRE-SHTF defensive shootings.

If I had a half dozen or more people to equip and expected infantry combat it would still be 50/50 surplus bolt rifle/shotgun
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans and must be that of every free state. - T. Jefferson

EVERYCITIZENASOLDIER.org

Feedback Score
    I keep several 44s and Type 53s around for trading fodder in case of SHTF/teotwawki. A 44 and a couple hundred rounds of ammo will be pretty attractive to someone that hasn't bothered to properly prepare themselves.

I'll keep the FALs and ARs for myself.

Yes, the M-N 91/30 is long and awkward. The M-38 is much handier, but not so good for recoil sensitive types.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast