Thread: Converting a lower receiver to a true ambi lower

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Converting a lower receiver to a true ambi lower

....and I don't mean just popping on an ambi safety control.

I saw a picture, and don't have it saved..sorry, of what was clearly an older Colt select fire lower receiver that had been modified with ambidextrous bolt and magazine controls not unlike that on KAC SR-15 lowers.

My question is this:

Who offers these modifications(if anyone).....would Knights do the conversion?

For reference I have a Colt 6921 lower I have that I wish to convert if such a thing is possible. Not worried about the cost.

Also if this is the wrong forum(technical vs discussion), sorry wasn't sure and erred on Technical. Furthermore, before anyone asks....yes I train with and use my rifle proficiently and within standards, everything is clear and cricket on my end.
    The reason for wanting the conversion is that I am right handed, but shoot rifles and smgs left handed (personal preference) and want something more intuitive.

Also if anyone knows the picture I'm talking about there was a guy here who posted like a lot of KAC gear both complete rifles and uppers and it was one of his pictures. Not trying to be vague, but can't find the thread or picture again. Apologies for that as well.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm also interested. Though right handed, I gained an appreciation for ambidextrous weapons when I took a class shortly after lacerating my index finger and thumb at work. I got the chance to learn how to run a Sig P220 weak-handed. Not exactly easy...
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Norgon makes an ambidextrous magazine release that IMHO works a little better than the KAC. Battle Arms Development makes an ambidextrous safety selector lever that's excellent. Troy makes a good ambidextrous bolt release.