Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CLEO signature requirement going away.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    He could have went to the Circuit Judge then or got the Chief Prosecutor to sign for him. Chief of Police too if he had a Chief of P where he lived.

Chief Prosecutor singed mine where I used to live. Sheriff had a policy of signing no NFA stuff. I don't take no for an answer.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If it does happen, expect trasfer times to triple (or even quadruple).

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Cool

Heh. Just read the initial post. I happen to live in Harris County. This county blows. That's why I had to resort to the RLT route.
    I can't imagine the wait time if they officially went away with the CLEO signature.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't think so. Those that corp or trust would just get them personally perhaps. There might be small numbers per state that increase due to just a paperwork and tax payment, but I don't think it would blow the doors down at the NFA with forms flooding the place.
    I'm an FFL/gunsmith, not the holster company. We specialize in subsonic ammunition and wholesale rifles.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    I have a friend who's a sitting Judge who was denied by the local Sheriff.
    At least your Sheriff is consistent.

Feedback Score
    This rumor (and I'm calling it that since there is nothing official about it) has been going back and forth on Uzitalk for the past couple months. I said there and I'll say here, I will believe it when I see it.

If it's true, then why would it increase transfer times? The paperwork for an individual transfer is easier than a trust, since all you have are the signoffs, the pictures, and the fingerprint cards. The examiners could potentially do them faster than a trust.

I called NFA a month ago just to ask if the change was happening, and I did talk to the receptionist, and she had no knowledge of such a thing in the works.
    May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    If there's no requirement for a signoff under this new law, then what would be the process to obtain an NFA item? Just send in the Form 1/4?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    If there's no requirement for a signoff under this new law, then what would be the process to obtain an NFA item? Just send in the Form 1/4?
    It would depend on what they change, but let's, for the purpose of argument, say that the only thing that changes is they do away with the CLEO signature, and don't add anything draconian to the requirements other than what's presently there.

The only thing you would have to do then, is correctly fill in the form 1 or 4, in duplicate, with pictures, and send them, along with 2 fingerprint cards, and a certificate of compliance (form 5330.20) along with the money for transfer of said firearm/device to NFA.
    May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Sweet. Hopefully this works out...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    Hopefully not a dupe. Got this in an e-mail.

This nonsense has been going around for the past 20 years.

I also don't think this will end favorably for us.

Does anyone really think Obama/Holder are going to make it easier to purchase an NFA firearm? They control the DOJ.
    Last edited by scottryan; 12-05-11 at 15:03.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast