Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My "no-compromises" Lower.

Feedback Score

My "no-compromises" Lower.

I decided recently to build my first AR-15 Lower. I will keep updating this thread with progress and pictures.

So far, here is what I have got together:
    --LMT Lower (Lauer.)
    --Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard (Rainier modified.)

Here's what I have that is waiting for install:
    --Geissele SSA-E
    --BADASS with standard/short levers
    --Ambidextrous Ergo Grip

And here's what is in the mail on its way to my door:
    --G&R Tactical LPK
    --Vltor A5 EMod stock ("Combo kit")

Currently, for hunting and paper punching, I have a 20" RRA Predator Pursuit upper with a Mark AR 3-9 Mil-Dot mounted in a Larue SPR mount. In my future, I see a BCM Recce upper, I'm leaning towards a SS410 barrel with a 12" quad rail, either DD or LT.

Anything I'm missing or omitting?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Reck View Post
    I decided recently to build my first AR-15 Lower. I will keep updating this thread with progress and pictures.

So far, here is what I have got together:
    --LMT Lower (Lauer.)
    --Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard (Rainier modified.)

Here's what I have that is waiting for install:
    --Geissele SSA-E
    --BADASS with standard/short levers
    --Ambidextrous Ergo Grip

And here's what is in the mail on its way to my door:
    --G&R Tactical LPK
    --Vltor A5 EMod stock ("Combo kit")

Currently, for hunting and paper punching, I have a 20" RRA Predator Pursuit upper with a Mark AR 3-9 Mil-Dot mounted in a Larue SPR mount. In my future, I see a BCM Recce upper, I'm leaning towards a SS410 barrel with a 12" quad rail, either DD or LT.

Anything I'm missing or omitting?

It would be a Lauer (LMT). Also, make sure the serial numbers match up with it being an LMT, because the majority of Lauer lowers on the market are not LMT. I forgot what brand they are, I think Stag took the contract for Lauer after LMT did.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    Thanks!

I checked the Lauer Website, and they also appear to offer Superior Lowers.

My SN is SML-62XX, and it looks exactly like the picture on their website of the LMT lower. It also has the completely flat portion on top of female threaded part where the Receiver Extension attaches. Any other tell-tale signs to look for for LMT? (I did notice mine has a high shelf as it should.) The LGS where I bought it had it labelled exactly how you did, which I should have remembered. Lauer (LMT).

I'm new to this, so please forgive (and correct) any incorrect nomenclature.
    Last edited by Paul.Reck; 12-06-11 at 14:06. Reason: Added LGS info.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    That looks like a solid lower!

I just finished a Noveske lower with a BAD-ASS, SSA, Norgon Catch, Gear Sector endplate, and A5 with an ACS. I rounded it out with Colt parts and sent the Form 1 to the ATF.

I haven't taken her for a test drive but with the feedback I've heard on the A5 it sounds like this will be a great lower regardless of what is sitting on it!

If you haven't had any experience with the BAD-ASS or the Geissele, you are in for a real treat!

Feedback Score
    Yup, you got an LMT. SML is the right serial pre-fix (just checked mine). And yea forgot about the high shelf but that's right also.

It's definitely a solid lower to say that at the least. I just wish the engravings were a tad deeper, as it's a pretty cool logo on it, but meh, that's miniscule.

I ended up just running a CMC FCG in my lower. It was nice because the CMC unit fit ultra snug in the lower (not all lowers are like this, especially with CMC).
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have no experience with a BAD bolt release. However, after reading about the experiences some folks have been having with them, I'd do more research before getting one
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I hope this doesn't upset you, but I've got one of these built off an Aero Precision lower. Every other part is the same. Out of all the various lowers I own (many that cost much more), this is the one I chose to SBR.

You won't be disappointed.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 12-07-11 at 07:47.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    I have no experience with a BAD bolt release. However, after reading about the experiences some folks have been having with them, I'd do more research before getting one
    Here is the B.A.D.-A.S.S. I am going to use. (Not the B.A.D. Lever by Magpul. Too many B.A.D. acronyms.)

I hope this doesn't upset you, but I've got one of these built off an Aero Precision lower. Every other part is the same. Out of all the various lowers I own (many that cost much more), this is the one I chose to SBR.

You won't be disappointed.
    Not upsetting at all. I am looking forward to using it.
    Last edited by Paul.Reck; 12-07-11 at 09:12. Reason: Clarified B.A.D. acronyms.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    SSA-E is more of a precision rig trigger. I'd personally put an SSA in an assault rifle given how light the pull is on the SSA-E.

Feedback Score
    SSA-E is more of a precision rig trigger. I'd personally put an SSA in an assault rifle given how light the pull is on the SSA-E.
    Agreed. I am more interested in the precision rig side of things. Geissele recommends the SSA-E for Hunting, Competition, and Precision shooting. This perfectly sums up my intended uses.

I like the 20" barrel for deer hunting, every extra FPS really helps; I use a 62 TSX handload and keep it inside 300 yards. (Where I hunt I'm lucky to see past 200 anyway.)

Maybe more info than necessary but maybe it will paint a picture of my expectations and intended use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast