Thread: Went to Gunshop to handle TA44S-10 & TA26S-10

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Went to Gunshop to handle TA44S-10 & TA26S-10

Today, off from work and tired I zombied into the gunshop to look at the TA44S-10: Trijicon ACOG 1.5x16 Amber Ring & Dot Reticle w/ Short M16 Base Housing. I had seen it on Trijicons site but never seen IT or through it etc. Scott the owner of the shop, had attended a shooting school where he fell in love with this optic. Thus now he carries several on hand, with one on his personal M4. He gave me his whole long story on how he fell in love with it, tightened his groups and made hits out to 200 yards. His experience sounded consistent with another testimony on this optic that sparked my curiosity.

After handling it today on multiple platforms in the shop and peering through the Amber, Red and Green reticles, I found myself falling for this little ACOG. The 1.5 power with BAC really gave adequate eye relief for quick target acquisition. Stepping outside the gunshop and aiming at distant points (trees, stray cats, discarded cans etc.), sky was cloudy/overcast and about 20 degrees. The reticle popped out perfectly. I really like the amber one best with my red/green color blindness. I was surprised at how MUCH eye relief you could actually get with this optic.

I loved the circle dot reticle. It reminded me of my dads old Swarovsky I used to shoot back in the day pictured on thread. Thats my buddy back in the 90's shooting it when we were teenagers.

I currently use an Aimpoint M3 and love it. Lately I have been working on some builds and one optic I have seriously considered due to size and weight is the T1 Micro. I am now seriously considering this little TA44S-10 in a Larue mount.

My friend shooting dads "build" back in like 1996. It was different back then. Flat tops were hard to find, that Swarovsky Cobra 1.5x14 ZFM Optik (optic on the Steyr Aug) circle dot was hard to find, it was tough times for AR/M4 guys. It was a post-ban world too. This build was based on an instructors gun from Gunsite.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...p?pid=TA44S-10
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-WdIeeWEhE
    Last edited by TacMedic556; 12-07-11 at 13:17.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I've used it extensively on a 16" carbine. Worked great and the extra .5 wasn't really noticable unless shooting tight shots and that's where it really shined!

If your requirements need a constant reticle illumination level, it may not be the best choice. When shooting from a dark area into a bright area as the reticle fades to black. It's still there but difficult to see.

For outdoors even in low light, it's GTG.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    It's one of the best CQB optics on the market for those with weaker eyes, IMO.

I own several and over the course of a few years have sold off all my T1s for these. I would never give them up.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Spoke with LaRue guys today on phone.

I spoke with Larue Tactical today about offering these with their compact ACOG mount. It might happen!

Some guys already figured this out it looks like. Found these on google images from ARF and M4C.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yeah I am sold. Getting one ASAP. $$$

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

TA26S-10

image found online. that is not me.
    Last edited by TacMedic556; 12-07-11 at 09:13.

Feedback Score
    I've been very very interested in the TA44's since early last year. Unfortunately, I've never actually seen one. I spent a long period debating between these, RDS, and the TR24 I eventually went with.

But since that rifle, I've built a second lightweight(ish) with an XPS that is prime for a little optic like this. I just wish I could see and/or play with one first. That's a lot of $$ for me to risk on something that may not do what I want.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    there's more discussion on the TA44 in this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=39478&page=2

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    thanks for the link. Great thread. Grant if you read this can you PM me a price on the Larue mount and the 44s-10 amber reticle.

I am thinking amber after looking through all three. What are your thoughts?