Thread: 9mm AR. Bolt and Trigger?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

9mm AR. Bolt and Trigger?

I am looking into buying a 9mm upper for my SBR. The "problem" is I have a Geissele SSA trigger on this SBR. First, I was wanting to know if the trigger would work on a 9mm upper. Second, if it will work, will need a ramped or regular 9mm bolt for that trigger?

Thanks
    Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    I am looking into buying a 9mm upper for my SBR. The "problem" is I have a Geissele SSA trigger on this SBR. First, I was wanting to know if the trigger would work on a 9mm upper. Second, if it will work, will need a ramped or regular 9mm bolt for that trigger?

Thanks
    Ryan
    I beleive you will need a ramped bolt. Not sure if a unramped bolt will work.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When searching for this answer I found a few questions about if it will work with a Colt 6540. The answer was Bill Geissele did not know if it would or would not work with that gun. I never did see a definite answer if any member tried it and said it did work or not.

Can someone explain what the ramped bolt is for? and why you need it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    The ramped bolt will take some stress off the FCG and allow the use of a standard AR hammer. If using a unramped bolt a 9mm hammer is reccommended although a standard unnotched hammer can be used it does add a little more stress to the FCG which can result in breaking the hammer pin.

Basicly a ramped 9mm bolt will have a ramp that is similar to the ramp on a 5.56 BCG. This will allow the use of most all kinds of trigger groups. It will not allow the use of a 9mm dedicated hammer which can only be used with the unramped bolt..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Ramped bolt seems to operate a little more smoothly as well.

Feedback Score

My understanding is that this is the best there is for your upper and trigger.

Adco Custom Ramped 9mm Bolt Group

http://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdeta...orynumber=2497

I am using it on my 9mm AR and it works well with my AR Gold trigger.

You want to avoid trigger slap.