Thread: Youth Primitive Long Bow

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Youth Primitive Long Bow

My nine year old has been wanting a bow. He said that he would prefer to start with a long bow rather than a compound bow. Considering that he is left handed (hard to find used bows) and that decent compound bows are expensive. I am good with that decision.

I was thinking about getting him one now and came across this guy locally selling primitive long bows. I thought that I might get one of these now and then pick up a nice compound bow in the Spring if he is still excited about it. Here is the classified ad:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...1&search=youth

Pic from ad:

Any thoughts or recommendations?
    Last edited by Brimstone; 12-07-11 at 12:50.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Man for those prices not sure you can go wrong. I bought my son a simple bow at a local archery shop and it was much more expensive and I am not sure it's a better bow. He's had it for 3 years now and is pretty good with it.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The bow is not too bad. For the price, it has been a great intro to archery for him. He loves it and practices with it often.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    Great job getting the yougin' involved in Archery! Get him out there as much as possible, go to 3-D shoots and you got a buddy for life. As I read over on Archery Talk, I'd rather take me kids hunting, then have to hunt my kids! There is some deep wisdom to that.

I think it's great he is shooting longbow first too. That way when/if he's ever ready to shoot compound his mechanics will be pure, and his muscles strong.