Thread: benelli supernova

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

benelli supernova

Hey all,

Im not to familiar with shotguns; Ive shot some clays once a year and know how to operate them on a basic level.

Im considering a Supernova with 26" barrel for waterfowl, turkey, and some recreational clays. Anything i need to know about this shotgun before going forward. Also is this a good configuration for the mentioned uses?

Thanks in advance,
    Marco

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I own a Benelli Nova and my neighbor owns a Supernova. Neither one of us can tell any perceived difference in recoil with the Supernova. We have shot skeet with these two guns for hours and they both performed equally. I wouldn't spend the extra cash on the Supernova.

I love my Nova. It is a great shotgun and a great value.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    A Supernova would fit the bill perfectly. Getting the 26" barrel is a good choice. I am not a big fan on long barrels on hunting shotguns.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    I own a Benelli Nova and my neighbor owns a Supernova. Neither one of us can tell any perceived difference in recoil with the Supernova. We have shot skeet with these two guns for hours and they both performed equally. I wouldn't spend the extra cash on the Supernova.

I love my Nova. It is a great shotgun and a great value.
    This 100%.

I could have written that word for word. I do the same things as you mentioned and my nova does a super job. I wouldn't spend the extra coin for the "super" as my buddy has one and I honestly don't like it any better.

I'd only add that I personally prefer the camo models for hunting because they are pretty tolerant to wet weather. ymmv.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    To those with the Nova: Do you have any reservations with the stock and receiver being one piece?

I got a chance to handle both today and the ergo's were pretty much identical.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marco.g View Post
    To those with the Nova: Do you have any reservations with the stock and receiver being one piece?

I got a chance to handle both today and the ergo's were pretty much identical.
    What are your concerns about it?

Doesn't bother me at all.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
    A Supernova would fit the bill perfectly. Getting the 26" barrel is a good choice. I am not a big fan on long barrels on hunting shotguns.
    How you going to hit anything with short barrel?

Supernova is great shotgun, light and durable. Would recommend.