Thread: How do you carry your 1911

Feedback Score

How do you carry your 1911

IWB or OWB?
    SOB?
    4 o'clock?

Recommendations for holsters.

Feedback Score
    Kramer horsehide IWB both for my 1911 and my normal carry piece, my Glock 23.

The Kramer horsey IWB that I have now has been used everyday for the past 13+ years and still stays open when I draw the pistol.

Feedback Score
    Both IWB and OWB. Fullsize.

I prefer OWB for obvious reasons. Infidel from CTAC is great for IWB and I have their paddle (speed) for OWB work.

Generally, 3 with OWB, 3:30-4 for IWB. Condition Zero.
    -Razoreye

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Like so:

Blade Tech kydex IWB, and Blade Tech kydex mag holder. Backed up by a S&W 442 carried in a DeSantis Nemesis holster. Although not always with the pictured T-shirt, even though it does stop bullets, enable me to leap tall buildings in a single bound, and choke people out with the Force.

Feedback Score
    IWB (Sparks Summer Special)
    About 4:00, I guess.

Feedback Score
    OWB Yaqui holster..Same holster can be used for both compact and full sized

Feedback Score
    Depends on what I'm doing...

For duty in uniform: 6004
    For duty out of uniform: Alessi DOJ
    For off-duty: Sparks Heritage #1

Feedback Score
    On-duty, Safariland 6280 mid-ride. You do need a few hundred reps to get the SLS open every time. You don't need a drop-leg holster to deconflict your sidearm with your carbine, as proven in two carbine classes and my own practice. Every time Apocalypto comes on satellite TV, I take time to dryfire some transition drills and hostage rescue shots during the human sacrifice scenes.

Off-duty, Wild Bill's Concealment Summer Heat, a Summer Special clone, IWB at 3:00. Wild Bill's is proof you don't need to deposit a thousand bucks and wait a decade for quality, comfortable, long-wearing leather. Only gripe is, the belt loops are too large so I'll get a tighter one next time. I don't understand people who say you can't conceal a 1911 in hot weather. I just get my muscle shirts one size larger and nobody's the wiser. For less uncomfortable 1911 IWB carry, try a regular-sized thumb safety. I went all the way back to the A1 thumb safety for maximum delay of bad guys who gain control of my 1911.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    More often than not IWB, as the vast majority of the time it's concealed. I'm looking to pick up a Comp-Tac IWB after the first of the year. I never really carry SOB anymore.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast