Thread: First project

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

First project

Well I wouldn't consider it a major ground up build but a build nonetheless.. Received my LMT lower this afternoon from my dealer. It has the single stage trigger instead of the 2 stage. No worries.
    More than likely I'll mate the lower with a built LMT 16" upper.

Nothing fancy...

Feedback Score

nice start

Nice way to start! You and I are in the same boat. I swear this site made me do it. I'm a FAL guy but wth.

Here's my foundation.

What are you building? This one is going to be a mid length SPR.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I had several builds in mind. The easy way out is getting a prebuilt LMT upper and calling it a day.
    The alternative is a midlength build with a Noveske barrel and VIS upper. Other alternative would be a MUR upper and handguard by either DD or LT also with a Noveske barrel. Thinking maybe a 13.7" with the KX3..

For some strange reason I want to see what the gas piston setup is all about.. PWS??

Feedback Score
    Alot of options! We are fortunate men to have them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Options are always a good thing. I'm sure we could go on for days.. KISS is what I'm shooting for on this build. Maybe not completely "KISS" but close.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    Options are always a good thing. I'm sure we could go on for days.. KISS is what I'm shooting for on this build. Maybe not completely "KISS" but close.
    Good work on the build so far. Once you get the upper, can you post a detailed step by step build report and a range report. thanks