Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrier key bolts and staking.

Feedback Score
    Correct Grant. With some of those listed, the stakes are non existed or done with a #2 pencil and a marshmallow hammer.
    I am amazed how some companies advertise "mil-spec" this, and "mils-spec" that, yet fail to meet a standard.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have seen Pat's book of broken gear. Let's just say that there are a whole lot of broken bolts and improperly staked carrier keys from companies that most people regard as a "high end" manufacturer.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OK .. Got my BC back today from GotM4.. (Thanks alot Brother... )
    and here are the pics I promised. the first pic shows a Bushmaster carrier made in 93-94 time frame with a very good stake job, have 14K rds thru it an no problem. The BC on the bottom is a brand new LMT carrier . The staking job looks kind weak.

And here is the LMT after Neds Tool got applied to it.....

Now my confidence level is Beau Coup high and I can start breaking in this bad boy.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    I have seen Pat's book of broken gear. Let's just say that there are a whole lot of broken bolts and improperly staked carrier keys from companies that most people regard as a "high end" manufacturer.

C4
    Now don't snake around who that might be Grant! Lets not go beating around the bush!

Feedback Score
    Respectfully, I have a quick correction to the above specs Bill stated for the carrier screws in case anyone wants to buy some certified cap screws on their own as I recently have.

The correction is as follows:

#8-32 (not #10-32 as Bill stated)
    The rest of Bill's specs were accurate

Feedback Score
    Just following along in this wonderfully informative thread.

" Ned Christiensen MOACKS Tool" - Where might one pick one of these up??? Must they be purchased directly from Ned himself???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by razorhunter
    " Ned Christiensen MOACKS Tool" - Where might one pick one of these up??? Must they be purchased directly from Ned himself???
    http://www.m-guns.com/tools.php
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12