Thread: AAC customer service

Feedback Score

AAC customer service

I have posted in the past that I won a free AAC SCARAB in a photo contest on ST. I asked AAC if they would instead give me an upgrade from my 2006 762-SD to a 2007, as I liked how much lighter it was. They said ok. I should have asked my dealer to swap my can with a 2007 from inventory as my form-4 was not even processed yet. Instead I asked them to have AAC rebuild it which lead to a 10 week delay. I got frustrated with this delay and cancelled my order -- all without realizing that I could have just asked my dealer to swap my can rather than ‘rebuild’ it. I regret bringing that up online.

My dealer(PSI) and AAC wanted to meet with me to go over how to best serve customers like myself, and I have never been so impressed with a company as I was this Sunday. I am a very small customer in the grand scheme of things, but that didn’t prevent a delegation from PSI and AAC from moving plans with their families this holiday season to come down to my farm and go shooting.

Kevin, owner of AAC, seemed to be very interested about my concerns regarding the silencer to be used on my rifle. Kevin also offered to let me test fire an AAC can alongside my Surefire before I make a final decision as to what is best for my needs, and that he would buy whichever one I decide against. We extensively discussed different options and design ideas from not only AAC, but from other companies as well.

The responsiveness that was shown to me by PSI and AAC I have never experienced in any purchase I have ever made. This includes buying a house, car, engagement ring, electronics …anything. PSI without a doubt just wants to get their customers exactly what they want. They understand that customers are spending a significant amount of money for something that they will own permanently and want every customer they have to be completely satisfied with their purchase. AAC wants nothing more than to build the very best silencers ever. As a former Airborne grunt I appreciate a company that is concerned about it’s products and is willing to make changes to further their innovation without just sitting on their laurels.

I am looking forward to the arrival of a Surefire can as well as seeing what it can do against what AAC will send. I will choose whichever can I feel performs the best on my gun, and if that can isn’t an AAC can then so be it, at least they gave it a hell of a shot. In the end I am like most (not all) shooters in our community and just want to buy the product that best fits my application. I don’t have ridiculous company “loyalties” and prefer to stay the hell out of the many heated discussions that companies have with each other for whatever reasons.

I will update this post as more information comes in and I hope to have an honest technical evaluation of high end silencers available for precision rifles. I will post what I think of each of the silencers that I test and won’t sugar coat any of the evaluations. I will look at only single point mounted silencers with a fast attach mechanism. The following silencers are the ones under consideration:

Surefire FA7.62K
    AAC 300-SD
    AAC 7.62-SD

I believe that this will provide some good information for those interested in this type of silencer. Thanks for reading my babble and hopefully you’ll get some good information out of this thread. To be continued………………
    I keep hearing about my gun rights, but I just can't seem to find them.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Good to hear. Thanks for your input.

C4

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shark31 View Post
    AAC 300-SD
    What is this????

Feedback Score
    The 300-SD is their .300WM rated can.

This should be a very informative post once I can start testing out some of this stuff. If you are interested in high-end .308 cans for bolt guns, you should stay tuned for the results. Right now, I'm waiting patiently on the Surefire to come in.
    I keep hearing about my gun rights, but I just can't seem to find them.