Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BFG Vickers on an AK?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

BFG Vickers on an AK?

I want to run this sling on an AK. I am assuming that the rear sling loop on my AK stock is big enough to pass the Vickers webbing through, but that I'll need some kind of hook for the front loop.

BFG offers the MASH HOOK ADAPTER or the SOC-C HOOK ADAPTER. Is there a preference among those here? Since Vickers had a hand in the sling, anyone know if he has one on and AK and if so how he attaches his?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    What do you guys think of using the Blue Force wire adapter for attaching the sling to the front of the AK?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    What do you guys think of using the Blue Force wire adapter for attaching the sling to the front of the AK?
    Like this?

Feedback Score
    I was thinking of using it on the front attachment point instead of a clip. See any downfall to doing this?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I was thinking of using it on the front attachment point instead of a clip. See any downfall to doing this?
    Why would you attach it there?

Think about it - it "extends" the sling to that point... making the sling connect at the same point as previous...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    Why would you attach it there?

Think about it - it "extends" the sling to that point... making the sling connect at the same point as previous...
    I would think that the plastic would melt onto the barrel how you have it mounted? I think im just going to use a QD mount on the side rail on my handguard.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I would think that the plastic would melt onto the barrel how you have it mounted? I think im just going to use a QD mount on the side rail on my handguard.
    Weapon Slings
    UWLTM UNIVERSAL WIRE LOOP
    $18.95

SS AIRCRAFT CABLE WITHSTANDS BARREL HEAT
    • SILENT ALTERNATIVE TO HOOKS FOR EYELETS • COATED CABLE PREVENTS DAMAGE TO CONNECTION POINTS

• AMBIDEXTROUS TO THE MAX!!

• FITS 1.25” TO 1.50” WEBBING

• SUPER VERSATILE – MAKES MANY SLING CONNECTION PROBLEMS ‘GO AWAY.’

THE SLING LOOP BODY IS CNC MACHINED FROM 6061-T6 ALUMINUM BILLET BEFORE BEING TUMBLED AND BEAD-BLASTED FOR A NON-REFLECTIVE SURFACE. THE LOOP IS HARD-COAT ANODIZED BEFORE THE NYLON COATED STAINLESS STEEL AIRCRAFT-GRADE CABLE IS INSTALLED WITH MIL-SPEC BALL-SHANK ENDS. THE RESULT IS A SLING ADAPTER WITH LIMITLESS USES.

FWIW, I experimented with this configuration, but am not running it. It works, though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wound up going with the hooks from DIY. This is how it worked out so far.

Two of the hooks I ordered were stupid-big (pays to read the description :goof and of no use for this application. Oh well, into the parts bin they go. Undecided on using the QD buckle the sling comes with. On the one hand I think having two QDs (since the clip is one already) is kind of redundant, but at the same time I like to be able to just hit the buckle to drop the gun; the clip won't be that easy.

I looped the sling directly through the rear. Would like to maybe figure out a way to change it for a pushbutton, but this way is more secure. Had to move the buckle forward as it was binding in the pocket too close to the swivel. We'll have to see how it runs like this.

Feedback Score
    Robb is that a Lancaster?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast