Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Count Down to SHTF, Are you Prepared?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Count Down to SHTF, Are you Prepared?

If you had to guess on a time table to finish your prep's based on current local/world, conditions/events what would be your best educated prediction?

If the SHTF to night would you consider your self ready?
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    I'm more prepared now than I've ever been, however I would still like to focus more on certain areas. If "it" were to happen tonight I would be way better off than almost anyone I personally know. My priorities have changed somewhat in the past few months as weapons and ammo have reached satisfactory levels (for me), food stores are increasing, etc. I'm focusing more on medical and hygeine stores now. I will keep at it until it is needed.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I am set for a bug-in situation right now. If I had to bug-out I would be SOL. Other than camping I don't have many options. I definitely need a better plan.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    One of the people I tune into is Investment Analyst Dr. Marc Faber, former Managing Director for Drexel Burnham Lambert, also known as Doctor Doom and produces the Doom & Gloom Report. He's a contrarian investor and like Gerald Celente, has been predicting all of this for a long time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Faber

Faber says "Forget time lines here and understand that the sheer size and volatility of the system makes it nearly impossible to identify exactly what, when and how. The only thing we need to know is that we are living in the middle of it all right now, and day-by-day, month-by-month, year-by-year it continues to deteriorate.

Faber suggests that with so many monetary, fiscal and political variables at play, the end game of this crisis can be delayed for months or years to come. Faber, who has warned since before the 2008 crisis that entire nations would fail due to high debt levels, that hyperinflation is an inevitable outcome of the Fed’s accounting games, and that war will be the ultimate result.

Eventually the same will happen as in the United States. The ECB (European Central Bank) will print money one way or the other. And, the debts that essentially should be written down to realistic value will continue to be carried on the books of banks at unrealistic values. So, the end crisis will be postponed until the sovereigns go bankrupt.

Read here: http://lewrockwell.com/slavo/slavo75.1.html

Here's an argument that a strong case can be made sometime after the elections of 2012. http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...usion_11222011

Ultimately I agree with Faber, so many variables at play and they will print money as long as they can to avoid the inevitable as long as is possible. ...but it's coming. When the Euro collapses first, American banks it is estimated have about 5% of assets at play. Not good but not as bad as some might think. The U.S. will have some time beyond that. The people uprising could change timelines dramatically though. Events in the Middle East could also with the "Sino-Russian-Iran" alliance. China refusing to buy any more of our debt, sudden departure from the dollar as the worlds reserve currency etc etc. Just so many variables at play.

Since you asked for our best guesses...mine is 6 months to 2 years. My guess is as good as anyone's! But it's based on our debt levels /GDP and other factors.

Am I ready...NO! but better than most. I keep working on it. I too need a bug-out retreat. As some of you may remember, the vacant bug-out property I had my eye on and was watching to squat was sold end of July. Plan B took a major dumper. Anyone in Florida feel free to contact me. As Faber suggests, "For all we know the entire system can collapse in the next 30 days, or, the full fallout may not be witnessed for several years."
    Last edited by Just a Jarhead; 11-24-11 at 06:30.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Just the fact that we're on a forum like this I'd say already puts us way ahead of 99% of Americans...

I don't feel ready, however I don't think anythings going to happen tomorrow either. If the TS ever does HF, we'll all wish we'd bought more Im sure. Even having left $5.00 in the bank would be a waste and we'll wish we spent it, let alone the thousands we all probably have in US dollars...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    If you had to guess on a time table to finish your prep's based on current local/world, conditions/events what would be your best educated prediction?

No, sadly I would not.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    More prepared than most, less than some.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    As far as my preps this year I added about $3000.00 in gear and storage foods which works out roughly to be 4% of my yearly gross salary.

I spent more this year then others because of the spike in violent events all over the nation and with the fact that high unemployment and lack of credit will push people to more desperate acts to feed their families.

I feel that if the U.S. dollar takes a shit then that will be the match that lights the fuse to the mass SHTF event. The up coming elections will either quicken or delay the dollars collapse depending who gets elected.

My prediction is mid to late 2013
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    I am set for a bug-in situation right now. If I had to bug-out I would be SOL. Other than camping I don't have many options. I definitely need a better plan.
    HEY, we are counting on you Utahn's to hold the "Park City Gap".

In the same boat here, GTG for a few months maybe more. Once the Ramcharger is done , its back to prepping and finding a BOL.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    2012-2013 tops.

Negative. I'm more prepared than I have ever been, but there is no such thing as being totally prepared.

My next endeavor needs to be body armor. . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast