Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Home Invasion.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMBA-LEE View Post
    BCM,

I didn't realize you were the OP. I thought your were just talking hypotheticals.

No gun on my person: That was my exact situation with a gang home invasion when I was 21-22. My guns were in the bedroom when I answered the door in the living room, and had it kicked in, in my face, by 2 armed gang guys. Never made that mistake again.

Since then I carry a pocket pistol ON MY PERSON AT ALL TIMES AT HOME.

Excuses: What if my gun malfunctions, what if the BG's take it away from me, etc. I personally sell any gun that ever once malfunctions, so I don't worry about malfunctions. The guns I keep are all 100% proven reliable. Take my gun away?? Dead BG's don't take guns away from anybody. And so on. Take a life?? I don't "take lives". I defend my family and myself by dropping savages. And if they attack me or mine it is they who have voluntered to be criminal targets. It's not my decision to risk their lives, it's their's. YMMV!

Like you I made one mistake years ago. I learned from it, and from the mistakes of others, and have never repeated them.
    Lol no problem buddy.

Ya its definately a shit situation havin stupid ****S like that come into your home.

I was SO pissed.

Im glad youre okay and made it through. Im also glad that you learned from it. Thats the best part, taking a SHIT situation and making GOOD out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Forgot to post on it earlier but, glad you made it out unscathed. It's a great reminder & I'm glad you shared. Made me think about a couple things & shore up something I was being too relaxed with.
    Last edited by Stangman; 01-27-12 at 15:01.

Feedback Score
    Thank's to all of you for sharing your live experiences with this issue,I'm glad you made out in the end.You have helped to remind me to stay more alert and observant. I thank all of you for what you do!! Stay safe and SEMPER FIDELIS !!
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    --George Washington

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yes, I have said it multiple times but Ill say agian...

Thank you all for the replies and concern. And thank you for sharing your stories as well.

Im glad everyone made it through and please, be safe!
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Its always good to have a home invasion plan and play out scenarios.

When you hear the door getting pounded on or broken in is not the time to figure out what to do.
    No doubt.

Having a plan probably saved my bacon a few years ago when the sound of someone trying to come through the front door woke me and the wife up at 2am.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    This.

You have to have some predetermined programs to run or you go into vapor lock (see OODA loop and Hick's Law).

You were overtaken because you didn't know you were in a fight until the optimum time to take action had passed. And you were not armed, because inside you didn't REALLY believe that you could get into such a situation.

Now you know different.
    I never did see the sense in OODA, except as an intellectual exercise . It seems way too complicated to be an effective solution to fast moving real-world life/death situations.

As for Hicks Law (if it is the one I'm thinking of where too many possible defense options slows response times) I agree with Hicks. I have limited my response to life/death attacks to one plan = felonious attackers must surrender INSTANTLY or I shoot until they do surrender or are neutralized.

But bear in mind that I'm an experienced ex-street cop who has made +/- 600 felony arrests so I'm not likely to misjudge the seriousness of attacks like the inexperienced might. To understand what I mean watch a few "I Survived" episodes on TV and you will see how clueless the inexperienced often are when victimized.
    Last edited by SIMBA-LEE; 01-29-12 at 14:52.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMBA-LEE View Post
    I never did see the sense in OODA, except as an intellectual exercise . It seems way too complicated to be an effective solution to fast moving real-world life/death situations.

As for Hicks Law (if it is the one I'm thinking of where too many possible defense options slows response times) I agree with Hicks. I have limited my response to life/death attacks to one plan = felonious attackers must surrender INSTANTLY or I shoot until they do surrender or are neutralized.

Yup. Pretty much. Especially in the house. If I didn't invite you and I see you in here, it's going to get loud.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    Yup. Pretty much. Especially in the house. If I didn't invite you and I see you in here, it's going to get loud.
    My policy is if an intruders hands are not visible, or if his hands are visible and he has an object in them, I'm one millisecond from dropping him. If his hands are visible and empty, he'd better do exactly what I say, immediately. I don't live in a castle doctrine state (for now, i plan on moving), so use of deadly force is a tricky one.

Edited to add: But of course, I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
    Last edited by SMETNA; 01-29-12 at 23:51.

Feedback Score
    thanks for sharing the story..it serves as a cold reminder that the shtf in a moment and that having a few guns stashed around the house may not be as good as having one on you...I always have one on me when I go out even if it is just in the yard but usually take it off when I come inside...A false sense of security I guess..That may change.
    Thanks again for sharing

Feedback Score
    Thanks for sharing. This is something everyone needs to think about even more since the economy is turning to crap even faster.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast