Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Invasion.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDevil View Post
    Not to put you down or anything, but that was a distinct lack of situational awareness.
    It also wasnt MY house.

Half of the people that came over I didnt even know.

Not to mention, if it DIDNT happen, I would still be doing things how I USED to.

Which means I would be slacking, leaving my guns "Behind doors", not being safe about who I let in my house, which if you ask me, is one of the most important lessons I learned.

Ted would bring anyone in the house, drink some beers and show all of his stuff off.

Kinda like how some of "US" might do with friends over at the house, showing off "OUR" guns and ammo and other cool things.

We were set up.

The guys that were there the night before told their friends about the stuff he had...which ended up in our "situation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BCmJUnKie View Post
    On another note, I would have to say, that the WORST part of going through that shit, by far, would be all of our DUMB ASS friends the next day talkin about...

"Oh man I wish I would have been there!

"If I was there I would have..."

"Those ****s are lucky I wasnt there" and every other stupid ass "Im a ninja commando and I can beat up ANYONE" attitudes

I didnt say shit when they said that stuff.

I just thought to myself...No one is dead. They left. Thats it.
    This is exactly what I was thinking, and hoping wouldn't happen here in your thread....so far so good. Thanks for sharing this....hopefully it helps someone realize the "holes" in their home defense plan. I know I keep a gun within arms reach of me MOST times in my home...I think I might be changing that to ALL the time now...especially with a few home invasions that have happened in my area in the past couple months.
    Last edited by Ironman8; 12-10-11 at 21:02.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Thanks for posting your story, BCM.

I have been getting lazy of late, but after reading this I'm certainly going to be a lot more careful in that regard...

Feedback Score
    BCM, thanks for sharing. You have alluded to it from time to time, and its nice to get the full story.

I never thought bad guys cocked their guns except in movies....

If I'm ever in Canon City, I'll call first....

My wife has a weird relationship with guns. She is 99% of the time against guns... until the doorbell rings at 10:30 at night, and then she's all interested in how the P7 cocks.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 12-10-11 at 16:35.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I am with delta. Been getting lazy. I didn't even dig my glock out and clean it after my last range trip. This story makes me ashamed. I am glad everything went ok though. This is a perfect example of "it can happen to anyone"
    Last edited by St.Michael; 12-10-11 at 16:32.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We almost need a "It Happened to Me" thread.

I've got a couple of good ones myself. One I will never live down - but it also ensured that I will never again be unarmed any damn where.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    BCM - Thanks for sharing. I'll have my wife read your story tonight. She's pro-gun but definitely a bit naive and this should help waken her up to the fact that it happens to real people and much more frequently than most people believe.

Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    We almost need a "It Happened to Me" thread.

I've got a couple of good ones myself. One I will never live down - but it also ensured that I will never again be unarmed any damn where.
    That's a great idea!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    BCM, thanks for sharing. I'm sorry you had to endure that. Nobody should ever have to deal with that kind of mess, especially not in their own home. My wife often gives me the goofy look when I come come and put on my gun or change holsters. She stopped after reading the CT story, but still won't take the next step. One step at a time I guess.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Crazy stuff.

Like most people I imagine, when I come into the house for the night and sit down for some dinner or TV, my PX4 comes off and into the nightstand. Makes me wonder if I shouldnt wait until Im getting into bed to take it off...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    if you had been able to get to your weapon, would you have planted them right then? or would you have only used it if death was imminent, like when they put you in the closet?

My friends step dad is more than well off, taking in around 1/4 shy of 7 figures, and as so he has really gotten into the gun game. He has over 47 handguns, all SIGs HK's and Kimbers. And to my amazement, he has them all over the house. Just everywhere. Magazine racks, drawers, kitchen cabinets, counter tops, tables, everywhere. Your post got me thinking that maybe he's got something there..... Always within an arms reach

at the very least... I might start keeping one concealed in each room of my house
    Last edited by Reagans Rascals; 12-10-11 at 18:07.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast