Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Invasion.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You guys are most welcome.

If someone can learn from my bad experience then Im grateful it happened and it wasnt in vain.

Just be careful and pay attention. I have my pistol on me or shoved in the armrest in the couch if I do take it off.

Another scary part about the situation...

I was dating this girl at the time. Right when I was leaving the shop to go home that night, she came to the shop, she had her 18 month old daughter with her.

She asked if I wanted to hang out or if I wanted her to come over, I told her I was tired and I was just going to bed.

I wasnt tired. I dont know why I said it.

There is NO doubt in my mind that if she and the baby were there that night, it would have been a different outcome.

Shit would have went south QUICK.

It happened not even an hour after I talked to her at the shop.

I forgot to mention, I was watching the clock on the DVR the whole time, the kids were in our house for 23 minutes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    if you had been able to get to your weapon, would you have planted them right then? or would you have only used it if death was imminent, like when they put you in the closet?
    I would have ended it.

If I had my pistol the way I carry NOW, I would have ended it.

There is no doubt in my mind. I wouldnt have hesitated.

These kids were stupid as hell. I had MANY opportunities had I HAD my pistol on me.

I refuse to be that douchebag though, Like I mentioned about our friends "Oh Man I would have done this!" or "That"

It happened how it did and it was for a reason.

I own 2 pistols. I never understood owning that many handguns.

I understand its personal preference and people are collectors.

I cant though. Im more of a Carbine guy.

I love LOVE my rifle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    BCmJUnKie glad your ok. We have home invasions in the areas I cover. I would estimate the majority of homes targeted are dealing weed or something illegal that generates cash. I cant think of any random home invasions. I would caution everyone on who they or their children bring into your home(and lives). Not easy when you have teenagers...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blstr88 View Post
    Crazy stuff.

Like most people I imagine, when I come into the house for the night and sit down for some dinner or TV, my PX4 comes off and into the nightstand. Makes me wonder if I shouldnt wait until Im getting into bed to take it off...
    With small kids, jocking up and down is kind of awkward, so once it goes on in the morning, it stays on till I go to bed. Seemed odd at first, and my wife gave me the 'paranoid' look, but I told her that 100% of home invasions happen at home....

and on that note:

Quote Originally Posted by lt211 View Post
    BCmJUnKie glad your ok. We have home invasions in the areas I cover. I would estimate the majority of homes targeted are dealing weed or something illegal that generates cash. I cant think of any random home invasions. I would caution everyone on who they or their children bring into your home(and lives). Not easy when you have teenagers...
    The NRA publications are full of them every month. A door chain and a foot behind the door are what seperated me from having on in a not fun part of STL. The only weed were the ones in the front yard and for money, lint in my pocket. I did have a job, so I guess that made me rich for that 'hood.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "The only weed were the ones in the front yard"
    funny shit... lol

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing your story.

My wife and I had a breakin 8 years ago at 3am while we were asleep. Luckily we had a great dog who saved us from harm. Our dog was shot during the incident but lived for another 6 months after.

Stay aware, vigilant.
    Last edited by rdbse; 01-27-12 at 19:22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing that story. I will be sure to share that with my wife. She doesn't understand why I have my pistol on me when I am sitting around the house.

Scary shit man. Glad you are ok.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    After reading a few of these stories, I think I'm going to implement a no-door-open-after-9 policy in my house.

I'm thinking a decent security camera out front and in the back would be a welcome addition as well.

I was toying around with the idea of somehow creating a switch that can be flipped from one room, say upstairs, and turn on every light in the house.

So if I hear a noise down stairs I don't have to walk down a dark stairwell and attempt to clear dark rooms, turning on the lights one by one. Not to mention it may scare off who ever's down there to begin with.... every light coming on in the house at once as they are busy trying to steal my shit.

What types of things do you guys utilize like this, without giving too much away in terms of opsec.

Do you have the police cruiser sitting out front, or perhaps some type of sign in the window or door warning those of the impending peril.

I've learned a few things from this site, such as putting a "decorative" mirror at the end of a hallway on a blind corner, very beneficial information.
    Last edited by Reagans Rascals; 12-10-11 at 21:17.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    I had a dude pull a gun on me when I was leaving my now wife's house (at the time just dating). Dude thought I broke into his truck or something and pulled out a snub nose. I talked him down telling him I was in the Army, visiting my GF, and had no clue what he was talking about.

He jumped back in his truck, and I followed him just long enough to get his tag number and call 911. Within minutes I saw LEO all over the place but nothing ever came of it.

Changes your opinion and stance on a lot of things the first time someone points a gun at you personally like that here at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    BCM, what surprises me is that you let them lead you into a closet to be killed. At that point theres nothing left to lose by fighting, resisting by any means possible- fists, teeth & fingernails if thats all you got. A lot of BTDT stories & SD education talk about the "fighting spirit" & specifically not cooperating with an attacker who is trying to male you his captive. Can you elaborate on your state of mind and state of SD skills / education at the time that this happened?

Thanks for posting your story. I hope my post doesn't come across as flipant, I just hope to use your words to sharpen my own preparedness. Hind-sight is always 20/20, no rambo monday morning quarterbacking from me. You survived is all that matters in the end.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast