Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Invasion.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    I've learned a few things from this site, such as putting a "decorative" mirror at the end of a hallway on a blind corner, very beneficial information.
    One thing that is a "Must have", for ME anyway, is a night light.

Lol and not in my room either, its not for monsters in the closet.

I like to have a light in the living room on, the purpose it serves...

If anyone is coming down the hall towards the bedroom, its gonna cast a shadow.

Its a "Silent Alarm" if you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0reo View Post
    BCM, what surprises me is that you let them lead you into a closet to be killed. At that point theres nothing left to lose by fighting, resisting by any means possible- fists, teeth & fingernails if thats all you got.
    Sorry thats the part that surprises you.

I cant say anything. It happened. Its in the past and I did what I did.

I could have fought. I could have ran to my room and grabbed my gun and roll dive out and shoot the bad guys.

I could have kicked the door on the closet, knocking the guns out of their hands and save the day.

I didnt. No one got killed that night, thats good enough for me.

Even if I would have done something, it was two guns on me.

I had NO idea my friends would even back me up. I can almost GUARANTEE...that they wouldnt have.

Then I would have been standin there with my dick in my hand and got shot, or worse...NOT get shot, and in turn get my FRIENDS shot.

Im not a hero. Im not a ninja. Im not the biggest or strongest guy.

Im fine with that.

What Im NOT fine with, is getting other people hurt because I had to be the hero.

Im very confident in my skills and training that I DO have. My knowledge.

At the time, I had been shooting weapons static since I was 8.

I knew a few guys that were Mil.

They went through SERE to be specific, that I shot with on a weekly basis.

It was nothing crazy. We ran some drills and they taught me prettty basic stuff.

I couldnt keep up with them at the time

Thats about it.
    Last edited by BCmJUnKie; 12-10-11 at 23:14.
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0reo View Post
    BCM, what surprises me is that you let them lead you into a closet to be killed. At that point theres nothing left to lose by fighting, resisting by any means possible- fists, teeth & fingernails if thats all you got. A lot of BTDT stories & SD education talk about the "fighting spirit" & specifically not cooperating with an attacker who is trying to male you his captive. Can you elaborate on your state of mind and state of SD skills / education at the time that this happened?

Thanks for posting your story. I hope my post doesn't come across as flipant, I just hope to use your words to sharpen my own preparedness. Hind-sight is always 20/20, no rambo monday morning quarterbacking from me. You survived is all that matters in the end.
    A very good book I read that covers the vastness of human reactions in terrible situations is "The Unthinkable: Who survives when disaster strikes and why"..... and its actually the most common reaction there is, to sort of go into a submissive fog, just sort of going with the moment. It takes actual cognitive preparation during simulated disastrous conditions, repetitively, in order to develop the persistent state of mind to be able to cognitively function properly under stress.

Learning to juggle, learning more than one language, and reciting mathematics times tables backwards are some of the exercises I've heard that help with dissociating yourself from the moment so you can continue to focus and make decision.

I have the book in .pdf... if you'd like me to send it just throw me a pm

and I can attest personally to the validity of the juggling claim helping with reaction time during bad situations...
    Last edited by Reagans Rascals; 12-10-11 at 23:15.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    A very good book I read that covers the vastness of human reactions in terrible situations is "The Unthinkable: Who survives when disaster strikes and why"..... and its actually the most common reaction there is, to sort of go into a submissive fog, just sort of going with the moment. It takes actual cognitive preparation during simulated disastrous conditions, repetitively, in order to develop the persistent state of mind to be able to cognitively function properly under stress.
    Thats the thing I learned through all this, about myself.

I dont panic, and Im capable of thinking logically.

Im grateful for that

Instagram Dangertastic

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BCmJUnKie View Post
    Thats the thing I learned through all this, about myself.

I dont panic, and Im capable of thinking logically.

Im grateful for that
    that's a leg up on most people, myself 6-7 years ago included

The majority of those that were killed in the collapse of the towers, were due to indecision, they weren't really in the best states of mind and they even returned to their seats, or went back to their desks to grab stupid useless things like books before they left.... this is the #1 killer in Aircraft accidents... passengers attempting to get luggage instead of just getting out of the plane... and all that does is create a pile of shit at the exit... causing more people to die from smoke. In those situations, unprepared people go through the denial/rationalization phase and substitute in their own reasons for things like "oh well we're on the ground and the flight attendants are still being polite so its not really that bad so I need to grab my things."

I'm glad the situation you went through went the way it did, and required no gun fire or fatalities. And in the end, it showed you a lot about yourself and your capabilities, and next time... when you're at the mall.. and some piece of shit starts shooting the place up... the lessons you learned from that situation might just help you save my life....
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BCmJUnKie View Post
    Im not a hero. Im not a ninja. Im not the biggest or strongest guy.

Im fine with that.
    I really admire your attitude. It really irritates me how after something happens, a bunch of people (trying to act tough, prove their manhood or something...) will tell you what you should have done...

The fact that you are man enough to accept the fact that you didn't react, one way or the other, means a lot in my book...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    I really admire your attitude. It really irritates me how after something happens, a bunch of people (trying to act tough, prove their manhood or something...) will tell you what you should have done...

The fact that you are man enough to accept the fact that you didn't react, one way or the other, means a lot in my book...
    Well thank you sir. That means alot to me.

Thats one thing I DIDNT hear after the fact lol

Something I always say is, "There is Always a bigger fish"

There is TWO really good guys still alive and doing well, PRIDE didnt get in the way.

You dont know how many nights I would just lay in bed and replay the scenario in my head, thinking "Why the **** didnt I grab that gun"

I know for a FACT I could have disarmed him, while his stupid ass friend was on one knee UN LOADING HIS ****ING GUN!!

It bothered me prettty bad for a long time.

Every time I would think that, I would think about my friends sitting there...stunned....frozen.
    And then someone getting shot.

I didnt want that on my concience.

My friends getting hurt because I was prideful.

Instagram Dangertastic

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post

Agreed. I've never been in that kind of situation and trying to predict how I would respond is likely more an exercise in ego and vanity than it is a realistic prediction.

That's not to say a person shouldn't train or anticipate adverse situations with the hope of being better prepared to respond appropriately and not simply go tharn, but until it actually happens, I don't think anyone really knows what they're capable of.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just want to thank all you guys for reading and showing your concern.

I really do appreciate it.

There are many posts that I havent replied to, I have read them.

Let me say that I am sorry also for your shit situations as well and I am glad youre all here today. I am also glad that we can learn from these unfortunate events.

Thank you

Instagram Dangertastic

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I appreciate you posting this...the whole story gave me the creeps.
    Thank God you made it out brother.
    I have always felt adequately prepared for a situation such as this but I think I should start carrying around the house more.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast