Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you mounting your EOTEchs?

Feedback Score

I also prefer a lower 1/3 co-witness with my LaRue QD EOTech mount because it gives me a better FOV.
    YMMV

AR-15 SP1 owner since 1971
    NRA and CRPA life member

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I use the thumbscrew so I can get a cowitness. I like knowing that everything is lined up.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I always mounted right on the receiver. It works for me and keeps me from having to spend extra money.
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine are directly mounted to the upper. I think it's a matter of personal preference and unlike a post elsewhere, I appreciate everyone sharing their opinion without getting their undies a bundle over differing views.

Feedback Score
    You guys use Locktite on the Eotech?

Feedback Score
    Larue mount, as some others I don't like to have the dot on my front sight post.
    A little of blue Loctite on the threads of the Eothech.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I prefer a lower 1/3 co-witness as it gives you a better FOV. So the LT EOTech mount would be my first choice.

C4
    +1 I prefer the lower 1/3 co-witness. For me personally, I find it very fast with my EOTech. I've tried the absolute co-witness and it's not for me. My LT-110 is solid on my ArmaLite M15 upper without LocTite. Haven't needed LocTite on my EOTech either.
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score

Question

I bought my first AR-15A2 in 1990, but I'm kinda new to the sight game. If you mount an Eotech directly to the flat top (like my Colt 6920) , does the front sight get in the way (of your sight picture)?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I use blue Loctite on my EOTech.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdWatcher View Post
    I bought my first AR-15A2 in 1990, but I'm kinda new to the sight game. If you mount an Eotech directly to the flat top (like my Colt 6920) , does the front sight get in the way (of your sight picture)?
    Yes, it does. However, that's not to say it becomes overly distracting. It's certainly possible to use one mounted directly to the fail with a fixed FSB. It's there, but after a while, and due to your eyes both being open and focusing on the target, the FSB isn't that noticable anymore. If you were going to run a fixed front site forever though, I'd certainly recommend a LaRue mount for it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast