Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Let's talk CR123A batteries

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pearson View Post
    what i am referring to is that if shipping is x amount i can get them here in town less expensive and with no wait.
    Maybe you could. His shipping is $7 for something like 20 batteries.

Can your local price beat $37 for 20 batteries?? That's $1.85 per battery delivered.

I doubt any retailer is selling them below $2 each locally.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Maybe you could. His shipping is $7 for something like 20 batteries.

Can your local price beat $37 for 20 batteries?? That's $1.85 per battery delivered.

I doubt any retailer is selling them below $2 each locally.

Correct.
    And if you buy locally, don't forget about sales tax, either.
    Plus, Grant ships fast and offers great deals on other cool gear you can buy at the same time - still $7 shipping. If you need batteries that fast, you should have already bought some.

Feedback Score
    Okay . . . after a little experience with the Panasonic CR123A batteries, I am now "sold" on them.

One of the lights on my house gun was noticeably dimmer than the other (both are identical 9V Pelicans). I figured the batteries might be about to kick the bucket, but since I've barely used them, I thought it was odd. I had some in the compartment of my buttstock, so I decided to use those first. Unfortunately, not only were those batteries nearly dead, they were also falling apart. They were unused and had been in the stock for maybe half a year after buying them new.

I replaced the cheaper batteries with three of the Panasonics and the increase in illumination was dramatic.

Thinking about it, I've had problems lately with my batteries just crapping out in my lights after very little or no use. I thought maybe I was inadvertantly pressing the tailcaps throughout the day, but now I'm thinking the batteries were just crap.

Maybe I've just received bad batches of the cheaper batteries, but if the lights are not as bright with them "new" and they die prematurely, I think maybe I'm not saving any money with $1 Chinese batteries packaged for a vendor with their name on the outside.

Until I find something better, I'm sticking with the Panasonics in any of my lights that might be used for an emergency. I'm going to use my remaining cheapies for lights I use around the house or cameras.

Feedback Score
    thank you Tom_Jones i did not see that part of the sight with the shipping

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    I was wondering what happened to those Battery Station batteries you used to carry- did these take their place?
    They were not BT batteries. They were Titanium batteris. I replaced them with the Panasonic's as they have more power for about the same price.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pearson View Post
    what i am referring to is that if shipping is x amount i can get them here in town less expensive and with no wait.
    You will also pay tax.

C4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234