Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6920 or BCM 16" LW middy?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

6920 or BCM 16" LW middy?

I'm torn! I'm selling a couple of seldom used pistols to fund a new AR. I currently own two ARs: a Spikes midlength on a no-name lower (pre-M4carbine.net) and a very choice DD LW midlength with a troy extreme. Obviously the DD is my go-to gun.

I'd like to get another AR, both for 'fun' and to have a backup/ redundancy. The intended role would be the same, as a general defensive weapon. Whichever rifle I buy will end up wearing an H1.

I don't own and haven't owned a carbine-length gas AR. I like the recoil impulse of my midlengths (I have no basis for comparison).

So all that said, should I get a 6920 or the BCM LW middy? I had made up my mind earlier to get a 6920, but Grant's deal has thrown a new contender into the ring! I like LW and I like my midlengths, but I like the comfort of owning the original superfreak, too. They are roughly the same price (and I'll end up changing furniture, adding rail, optic, etc.)

Thoughts?
    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. - Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If I already had two midlengths and no Colts, I'd opt for the 6920.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    oops wrong thread, sorry.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would get the Colt if just for the ability to use carbine length gas tube pickups if the need should arise. Plus, if you ever want to get a SBR all you have to do is have it cut down and opened up.

Feedback Score
    I'd get the BCM LW Middy. But, I'm a fan of commonality and LW profiles.

Feedback Score
    I'd go with Grant's new BCM LW middy. Very hard to beat this one.
    US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Feedback Score
    I'd go with the Colt, so you have at least one pony in the safe

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I avoid unionized labor when I can and you can configure the BCM exactly the way you want it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I avoid unionized labor when I can and you can configure the BCM exactly the way you want it.
    Shhh.... we're not allowed to talk about that.

Feedback Score
    I have two midlengths, a DD and a BCM. I would like to try a Colt 6920 or other carbine with FSP, but I think I've gotten to prefer the additional rail length and the FSP out further that the midlength allows. I still may end up getting a carbine in the future, but I think I'm sold on midlengths for now.

That being said, if I were to get a carbine, it would most likely be the Colt 6920, followed closely by the LMT Basic Patrol models. For my use, they are probably basically the same. I like my DDM4 V5 and BCM, but I want to eventually try a Colt and LMT.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast