Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering a .308 AR Precision Rifle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd look at the Larue OBR, or the GA Precision GAP-10.
    Colt AR-15/M-16 Armorer, GLock Armorer, HK USP Armorer
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We got two OBRs at work and they are simply the best bang to the buck we found, with the emphasis on accuracy. DPMS was not even considered. LMT was close, but could not beat the OBR for our purposes.

I was a skeptic until I shot the OBR.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Another vote here for an OBR. I sold my Accuracy International AW to pick a 16in OBR. When I saw accuracy was on par with my AIAW, it was an easy decision to ditch the bolt gun. Shorter barrel, follow up shots faster, and magazine capacity. Plus, a lot of the weapon manipulation is the same as any other AR platform. Accessories are plentiful and mounting a RDS for CQB work is a viable option not found on a bolt gun. Shoots under MOA at 500 yards all day since that's all I have here in my area.

Last edited by C45P312; 12-28-11 at 06:56.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Carlo@RB1;1180525]Another vote here for an OBR. I sold my Accuracy International AW to pick up the OBR. When I saw accuracy was on par with my AIAW, it was an easy decision to ditch the bolt gun. Shorter barrel, follow up shots faster, and magazine capacity. Plus, a lot of the weapon manipulation is the same as any other AR platform. Accessories are plentiful and mounting a RDS for CQB work is a viable option not found on a bolt gun. Shoots under MOA at 500 yards all day since that's all I have here in my area.[QUOTE]

Carlo, are you running a 16" barrel?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    Carlo, are you running a 16" barrel?
    Yup, 16in barrel. 1000yards no problem. 5 shot group yield like a 12in spread. just tried looking for the picture but can't find it right now. still too early for me lol

I'm definitely happy about the accuracy and functionality over my AIAW
    Last edited by C45P312; 12-28-11 at 07:08.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo@RB1 View Post
    Yup, 16in barrel. 1000yards no problem. 5 shot group yield like a 12in spread. just tried looking for the picture but can't find it right now. still too early for me lol

I'm definitely happy about the accuracy and functionality over my AIAW
    Thanks Carlo!! I'm leaning in the same direction and appreciate positive feedback. Hope you can find that picture.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Are there any ar10s that AREN't over 2k? Just wondering since right now the only ones being considered by people is LMT and OBR for the most part. Anyone know how much that colt will run for?
    Last edited by St.Michael; 12-28-11 at 18:38.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    I beleive the colt is coming in just under 2k which is a nice place to be.

the "real" AR-10(Armalite) is ok (mag issues aside) and probably preferable to DPMS but even DPMS in 308 in held in higher regard to the 223 version.

Both of them retail base models in the 1000-1500 range.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBob View Post
    Georgia Precision also makes an excellent AR-308 and can build one to your specs. Similar price to LaRue or LMT.

Over at Sniper's Hide they come highly recommended in the same category as LMT or LaRue.

Those 3 would seem to suit your needs for precision.
    **Gardner Precision, Sorry that's one of my pet peeves, they're actually in MO, and they make a great gun. Probably the best cost/performance gun out there, just as accurate as an emc or obr, and from what I've heard from owners more reliable. I own 3 bolt guns from GAP and they are absolutely stellar, a GAP-10 is probably the next gun on my list unless the SCAR SSR gets released after shot.

ETA: Also do yourself a favor and save your pennies rather than dumping them on a DPMS and regretting it later and trying to upgrade. I can't speak to armalite as I've never even shot one.
    Last edited by BigNog; 12-29-11 at 08:39.

Feedback Score
    Fixed. Thanks for the correction

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast