Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting Schools = Mall Ninja

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Shooting Schools = Mall Ninja

So I was on another forum where it is a commonly held belief that if you attend shooting schools you are a Mall Ninja.

Now, for the longest time, I was under the distinct impression that I was at these schools to become a better shooter so that I could better defend myself and the lives of my loved ones. Apparently I was incorrect in this logic.

I will be calling Mr. Vickers and removing myself from the VSM instructor program and burning all my school certificates.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 12-13-11 at 12:08.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Thats kind of stupid now that ive been exposed more to the civilian shooting community.

I was guilty of think that way, "why are civilians training for war?"

If someone owns a gun, they should know how to operate it in the manner for which it was designed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et33b...eature=related
    Last edited by Jaysop; 12-13-11 at 09:40. Reason: added link

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If going to a professional shooting class makes you a mall ninja, then how far down on the list are the airsoft guys?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hmmmm.. Curious to see which other sites state this?

Feedback Score
    This is why I don't bother mentioning training (especially anything I've taken myself) on certain local (to me) sites. Some people 'get it', the rest just ridicule you because only a mall ninja operator takes classes.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MCS View Post
    Hmmmm.. Curious to see which other sites state this?
    I am also curious. Sometimes I feel like the term mall-ninja is plain overused.
    Combat veteran
    Lifetime NRA member

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mall Ninjas don't go to shooting schools. They apparently already know it all, like your critics.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    They probably also frown upon the civilians that workout to stay in shape that are wanna be athletes and the wanna be scholars who read books. Heaven forbid anyone advance themselves unless its to make money.
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The term "Mall Ninja" may be more appropriately tied to those who shoot their guns for fun(usually mag dumps), but do nothing to improve their shooting skills and tactics, especially via a qualified live fire instructor. They also enjoy telling others of their experiences, and their vast knowledge obtained via osmosis.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Mall Ninjas don't go to shooting schools. They apparently already know it all, like your critics.
    Ya, I was wanting to ask them how they had learned to shoot.

My guess is either via osmosis (putting gun rags on top of their heads) OR because GOD had blessed them with a Penis so they just automatically knew how to Drive, Fornicate and Shoot.

C4

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast