Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    Handload? Powder and charge?
    26.5gn CFE
    CCI41 primer
    LC brass
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    26.5gn CFE
    CCI41 primer
    LC brass
    Thank you much. Nice velocity for the 11.5.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Milspec/browntip
    Have you pulled any? Stick or ball powder? I wonder if it can be replicated with a double based ball powder like BLC-2, CFE 223, AR COMP, etc.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falar View Post
    Have you pulled any? Stick or ball powder? I wonder if it can be replicated with a double based ball powder like BLC-2, CFE 223, AR COMP, etc.
    I've pulled some. Ball powder.

Feedback Score
    Nice, can you pleeeeeeeeease post some pics?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hermes200 View Post
    Nice, can you pleeeeeeeeease post some pics?
    Supposedly there are very few people who are not under NDA's, who know where the stuff comes from. I was explicitly told it would be a bad thing if I detailed any of that, and taking pictures of proprietary propellants qualifies, in my mind.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've pulled some. Ball powder.
    Excellent, I assumed this would be the case. Should be very easy to replicate this load safely with the type of powders I mentioned.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Falar View Post
    Excellent, I assumed this would be the case. Should be very easy to replicate this load safely with the type of powders I mentioned.

Today I finished working out a handload for this round, accuracy and did a video shooting some 2 liters with water. I will post up the video when I have time to process it. Probably some time this week. Early in the development nearing the upper end I had some issues with the winchester primers being blown out. I usually use CCI and did not notice when filling the dillon that I put in the winchesters. Was chasing the load a bit until I noticed that the primer was a winchester when I was under 25 gr of TAC. Anyways here is my final results.

Velocity average 10 shot string out of a 14.5 barrel. Best velocoty out of TAC over Varget

Barnes 70tsx / LC Brass / CCI 400 small rifle / TAC Powder
    OAL 2.250
    25.8 GR TAC
    Velocity: 2740fps 14.5" barrel

I think these will work out great for my 11.5" barreled AR. So far so good. I really want to try out some of the 62gr offerings as well.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by redfernsoljah View Post
    Today I finished working out a handload for this round, accuracy and did a video shooting some 2 liters with water. I will post up the video when I have time to process it. Probably some time this week. Early in the development nearing the upper end I had some issues with the winchester primers being blown out. I usually use CCI and did not notice when filling the dillon that I put in the winchesters. Was chasing the load a bit until I noticed that the primer was a winchester when I was under 25 gr of TAC. Anyways here is my final results.

Velocity average 10 shot string out of a 14.5 barrel. Best velocoty out of TAC over Varget

Barnes 70tsx / LC Brass / CCI 400 small rifle / TAC Powder
    OAL 2.250
    25.8 GR TAC
    Velocity: 2740fps 14.5" barrel

I think these will work out great for my 11.5" barreled AR. So far so good. I really want to try out some of the 62gr offerings as well.
    Sounds good!

Now, I am NOT a handloader, nor would I hold anyone on a forum legally responsible. That said...

Is it reasonable to expect that if I use all of your ingredients, and have a properly chambered 5.56 rifle, that I should see 2750+-50fps safely from it, if 14.5", as above? Or are various powder lots finicky/not "corrected to an average" or however you'd word it and do I need to work up to it, or what?

Feedback Score
    Sounds good!

Now, I am NOT a handloader, nor would I hold anyone on a forum legally responsible. That said...

Is it reasonable to expect that if I use all of your ingredients, and have a properly chambered 5.56 rifle, that I should see 2750+-50fps safely from it, if 14.5", as above? Or are various powder lots finicky/not "corrected to an average" or however you'd word it and do I need to work up to it, or what?
    Two seperate things.

1. Original load is provoded from barnes starting at 24gr-26gr of powder.
    2. With any load as not only can it vary by powder lot, but by yoir location, to be safe you would always want to start 10% lower than stated and work up to the suggested load. This way you can check for pressure signs while loading. As well taking into account that the oal is within specs it will work and feed in any mil type spec rifle.
    3. I do not have the equipment to test the pressure of this load though I would recommend always a .556 type chanber I did not see any warnings barnes when going over there data. It can be found here.

http://www.barnesbullets.com/bullets/tsx/#
    Find the 70gr bullet on the site. And see data for yourself.

As far as fps you could be close on your average but there are enviornmental concerns here. I dont think you would have an issue though as I am at an average enviornmental for the us.
    Last edited by redfernsoljah; 09-02-16 at 06:38.

Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast