Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Suppressed AR vs. Standard AR Suppressed Results

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TACAV View Post
    Does anyone suspect I will have problems swapping between a suppressed 11.5" BCM upper and an unsuppressed 10.5" Noveske. I would be using the same lower with an H2 buffer?
    No problems.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    What do you guys think about this method? Still viable in 2022? Or are gas blocks, tubes, and BCGs a better way to go?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Chopping a barrel down still works, but is largely unnecessary these days.

Quality barrels are available with small gas ports, such as our 11.5 HFCL SUPP.

Our EZTUNE gas tubes also allow tuning on an existing barrel.

Both of these can duplicate the performance characteristics of a cut down barrel for dedicated suppressed use.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    What do you guys think about this method? Still viable in 2022? Or are gas blocks, tubes, and BCGs a better way to go?
    Other than some BCG designs, your list is just a different way to get a smaller gas port. My dedicated 10.5” is still super soft shooting and reliable.

I don’t think there is a better or simpler way than just having a barrel with a smaller gas port, but cost and quality of your barrel shop is probably a big variable.

There are also lower back pressure silencer designs these days to consider.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    $300 BCGs, vented charging handles, and smearing silicone all over the back of the charging handle are just bandaids and not real solutions. The easy button is to buy whatever barrel you want without having to worry about what gas port size they use and throw in one of Clint's EZ Tune gas tubes.

A dedicated reduced gas port barrel is probably the best option, and will likely be the next route I take when I need to rebarrel one of my uppers. The BRT gas tubes are working marvelously for me in the mean time.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    The BRT gas tubes are working marvelously for me in the mean time.
    The tube is a solid solution.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    $300 BCGs, vented charging handles, and smearing silicone all over the back of the charging handle are just bandaids and not real solutions. The easy button is to buy whatever barrel you want without having to worry about what gas port size they use and throw in one of Clint's EZ Tune gas tubes.
    Allow me to play Devil’s Advocate for a moment. For a part-time suppressor host or for one that the possessor does not want to/can’t change a gas tube, the Bootleg carrier actually works very well. Much better than I expected. Much better than the LMT or Lantac BCGs in that role. Of course, I started out with a reasonably ported barrel that was advertised as a silencer barrel. But I wouldn’t call it a band-aid, because it works so well, although I don’t think that’s the one you were talking about.

I absolutely agree that the EZ Tune or simply a properly ported barrel is the best first-line solution to the full-time suppressor host, which is of course the topic at hand. I put the gas tubes on almost every rifle I have, and so do some of my friends.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The tube is a solid solution.
    Yes. Made a huge difference for me and no drawbacks. They will be my default moving forward.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have two 10.5 SBR's that are gassy that I am taking out Saturday and trying to decide if I want adjustable gas block, (which I have at home) or try one of Clints tubes which have been fabulous with my MWS guns.

BRT is a legit option.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m coming back around to the idea of piston guns. I got a great deal on a Superlative Arms adjustable bleed piston system and after installing it and shooting it I found it’s an amazing way to reduce gas to the face. So I bought a PWS MK111 Mod 1 and I really like that one, also, though it is a tad more gassy, it’s super easy to switch. At this point I’m only shooting my AR for fun, training, and the one in a million chance of shtf so I’m more free to screw around with different builds.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast