Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When did 7.62x39 becomes as expensive (if not more) as 5.56?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

When did 7.62x39 becomes as expensive (if not more) as 5.56?

I'm shopping for 7.62x39 and I am bewildered that it has become just as, and in some cases more expensive than 5.56 ammunition.

It also seems many places are out of stock of the old Wolf classic military.

I'm flabbergasted.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW-Shooter View Post

It also seems many places are out of stock of the old Wolf classic military.
    And there is your reason for the price. People jumped on the 7.62X39 in order to save money but in the process made it so popular that the price went up. I remember not too long ago having a 1000 round case of Wolf shipped to my door for 90 bucks.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    And there is your reason for the price. People jumped on the 7.62X39 in order to save money but in the process made it so popular that the price went up. I remember not too long ago having a 1000 round case of Wolf shipped to my door for 90 bucks.
    Paid 289.00 today for a 1,260rd case (green wood box, square sealed tin insert) of brass cased ammo. Yugoslavian? Romanian? Bulgarian? Russian? I have no idea, can't read any of the effin boxes.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    Paid 289.00 today for a 1,260rd case (green wood box, square sealed tin insert) of brass cased ammo. Yugoslavian? Romanian? Bulgarian? Russian? I have no idea, can't read any of the effin boxes.
    Problem is some of that stuff is corrosive, I will not run corrosive ammo unless it's a last resort scenario.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Problem is some of that stuff is corrosive, I will not run corrosive ammo unless it's a last resort scenario.
    Thanks for the heads up. I did some reading and found it described as "mildy corrosive" as if that is supposed to make any kind of difference, corrosive is corrosive but I figured it would force me to clean the damn thing, it could probably use it anyway.
    Last edited by kmrtnsn; 11-25-11 at 14:21.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Saying ammo is mildly corrosive is like calling a woman slightly pregnant.

It is a way to entice people into buying corrosive ammo. Potassium chlorate is potassium chlorate. It all makes poatassium chloride when it burns.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    Yugo M67 ball.

Good ammo, clean your weapon the same day as shooting.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Yugo M67 ball.

Good ammo, clean your weapon the same day as shooting.
    Thanks Templar. Always my luck, I finally got around to buying an AK a while back and then the ammo price doubles.

Feedback Score
    AIM has it for 239 for 1280rds l think.

I've never had any problems with corrosive ammo, l think people freak out a little to much about it. Unless you seriously neglect your rifle it wont just rust to peices. I've shot corrosive ammo and not cleaned for a few weeks and had no issues with the gun stored in my house. The worst l've had personaly was a small amount of surface rust (no pitting or permanent damage) and that was from shooting, not cleaning and leaving the rifle in a barn over the period of about a month and it came right off with CLP.

Yeah its a good idea to clean it, l'm not saying dont worry about it altogether. Obviously the more humid the place you store the rifle the sooner you need to worry.

Not trying to sidetrack your post, just trying to let people know its safe to shoot the corrosive stuff and thats where the deals are, granted not as good as they used to be.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm flabbergasted.
    I have to ask what part of the manufacturing process or amount of material that goes into 7.62x39 should make it cheaper than comparable 5.56?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast